Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Vandalized Gravestones - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This is 1 of 2 posts of photographs that I took at Union Cemetery in Easton, CT this past week.

Those photos show just a small sample of the damage done by people whose idea of "fun" is to destroy things.

I came here because I read in the news that persons unknown had vandalized over 40 gravestones here:

"Police say more than 40 headstones were knocked over and damaged at Union Cemetery on Sport Hill Road. The vandalism resulted in around $40,000 in damages. They say it happened sometime between July 4 and July 11."

The Patch news article about the Easton crime said, "There was a similar incident in Milford on June 28" when both a church and cemetery were vandalized. I found that criminal behavior described in this CT Post news article.

I am disgusted by people who enjoy desecrating burial grounds. I was originally going to write an open letter to the people who did this, but what I had to say to them is better off not being documented in writing.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This senseless vandalism is always awful. In the cemetries here the same sad things happen. Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...I always say, why?

CJ Kennedy said...

This is so very sad especially if the stones are very old. The history can’t be replaced. 😿

Natalia said...

Oh,that is so incredibly wrong and sad...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

This is sad! Vandalism is senseless! Wishing you a happy day and a great weekend ahead.

Bill said...

That's disgusting and very sad. I would want the people (probably males) held accountable to please explain to the community why they did it.

Sandra Cox said...

I just don't get it. Makes me sad.

froebelsternchen said...

Why???? So strange.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So sorry I missed this post. It's been a hard week for me, I fear. Such desecration is not new. I saw one a few days ago that showed graves painted with swastikas. Such damage is uncalled for, but I fear it will only get worse as our country is being torn apart at the seams.