Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Wood Bench" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Lakeview Cemetery a few weeks ago. Teddy was thrilled to find a friend sitting near him.

I made a tarot card art piece that featured a cup as my ticket into this week's T-gathering:

Eight of Cups blog post link  (<== click on that link to find larger version of below image)


The weather continued to be hot and humid most days. We had severe thunderstorms on Wednesday that saw another person in his car killed when a tree fell on it. According to a follow up news article, despite numerous calls from the Bridgeport and Fairfield Fire Departments to the utility company, a utility truck didn't arrive at the scene to de-energize the power lines until an hour after the accident had occurred. We had a heat wave for the weekend. Severe thunderstorms finally broke the heat, arriving just in time for Monday's evening rush hour commute, snarling traffic worse than usual. (National Weather Service's heat safety tips and resources.)

As some of you know from comments I've left for you, I'm currently engaged in an ongoing squirrel war in my yard. They've been getting into my bird feeder, and as my "war" with them escalates, they continue to win every battle: I got a squirrel baffle and somehow the smart one got past it. (I have yet to see how he did it, so I can come up with a new deterrent to whatever he's doing.)

This past week, I visited two different cemeteries at night.

I made a sun theme tag and postcard, a Metropolis theme tag and postcard, a Moon theme tag and postcard, and a Magic Circle theme tag and postcard.

I made several other postcards: Days Gone By, Glamour, Sorrow, Ocean Depths, and Eight of Cups.

I took some photographs of a Great Blue Heron, a Great Egret, and Window Box Plants.

Over the weekend, we watched The Terminator (1984) (DVD), Terminator Salvation (2009) (DVD), and Children of the Corn (1984) (DVD).

15 comments:

Tom said...

...Teddy looks lonely on that big bench.

Linda Kunsman said...

Nice that Teddy was able to find some shade. The heat and t storms have been awful but thankfully just left our area a few hours ago:) Happy T day!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad Teddy found a good place to sit. The cemetery photos are great. I visited an old one in Düsseldorf yesterday, it was cool and shady there. We all seem to be suffering from the big heat, this week will get hotter day by day, and my apartment is much too warm. Love the tarot card with the cups, great idea. Have a great week and a happy T Day, Valerie
And sorry about the squirrels, they can be very problematic.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What awful weather, Anne. I hope you get a break soon (like we've had recently). Bad weather is like pain: it feels so good when it stops.

T-lady Deb (who doesn't have time to stop by much anymore) had a similar battle with squirrels raiding the bird feeder. They eventually found a solution.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I was thinking Teddy looked lonely and then I saw his pal Too cute. Weren't those storms fierce and sad that there was loss of life.

My friend, Red, puts a metal Slinky on the pole of her bird feeder to keep the squirrels out. Since the trellis of Ink's garden is so close to the feeder, the little red squirrel just jumps from trellis to the feeder. We haven't seen the red squirrel. Maybe he became coyote chow. The baffle keeps the larger grey squirrel on the ground though the chipmunk can easily climb through the hole in it. I also make sure when I fill the feeder to toss lots of seed on the ground around the feeder. Maybe that keeps the grey squirrel from trying to get into the feeder. Good luck. Clever use of the Tarot suite Cups for T- Day. Cooler weather for the rest of the week. Enjoy!

Meggymay said...

Teddy always finds an interesting place to sit and watch what is happening around him.
Lovely photos, you seem to have had a busy week yourself. I hope it works out with the quirrels, they always seem to be able to find a way to get to the food, clever little creatures.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day Anne. Oh those squirrels are so smart. No matter what you do at least one of them figures out how to go around it. I hadn't seen too many for a while but now I see they are back! And did you see there was a tornado on the Cape. I never heard of that before. I grew up right near Worcester and we would occasionally get a small one , but I ever heard of one on the Cape. Hope your storms weren't too severe. We just had rain but no thunder. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I love benches with backs in cemeteries. It looks like a good spot for a bit of reflection in the shade. I like your Tarot card. I'd have never thought of creating my own images for the cards. Cool!

I have one of those hopper feeder with the adjustable perch, and that's the only feeder I've ever found that works. The baffle slowed them down but not by much lol

Happy T Tuesday!

froebelsternchen said...

Teddy is so clever! Keep cool! Happy T day!

johanna said...

so cool to create this tarot card for TsfT - really awesome!
have a great summer!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Nice to see Teddy again. Looks like he's enjoying his day out xXx

Sharon Madson said...

I have seen funny videos on tv about how squirrels can get into anything. They kept putting up new and different things to keep them away, and they could figure out anything. My husband, at our other house, put up a dome thing on the pole under the birdfeeder. They could never get past it. It was so funny to watch them keep trying! they would somehow climb the slick silver pole, but then couldn't get past the cone shaped dome. They would end up under that. Then they would climb up a tree over the feeder, too high because hubby kept the tree trimmed., and they would try to jump! So, we won that war! :)

I am glad Teddy had a friend. I had to make the photo bigger to see the doggy sitting there. Thanks for the post. Happy belated T Day1

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! I am pleased to see that Teddy wasn't lonely that huge bench! You certainly have been busy this week! I am hoping that I will soon have more time for catching up on blogs! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Lisca said...

Good old Teddy! Always happy to pose.
I have been looking at the photos from the cemetery and am amazed at the wildlife. Beautiful pictures.
Sorry I'm so late in commenting. Life got in the way (as it does),
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca