Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

"A Fish Tale" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Three Muses challenge was Something Fishy.

I don't usually do this, but I couldn't decide which of these two I liked better, so I'm posting both. I think I like the first one better, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. (The only difference is which side each woman is on.)

Both fishing ladies are from the Duke Digital Repository - Digital Collections - W. Duke, Sons & Co. Advertising Materials, 1880-1910, which I added as another link on my blog, also.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.12.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

9 comments:

Tom said...

...those ladies seem happy!

Ozstuff said...

Fascinating, Fresh, Fabulous Fishies! Lovely cards, Anne.

PS - Sorry the link was late today. It's now up and running if you would like to post your thumbnail.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely postcards, the 2nd version is my fave. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

These are SO much fun. I love the idea of a fish balloon. Hope you don't get any bad storms today. Sounds like we could get some here, but as long as they aren't too bad and we break this heat, it's ok with me. Hugs-Erika

Deann said...

Delightful great details two fun cards.

indybev said...


Great cards, Anne. Quirky and fun.

Taluula said...

Well, my friend, both are just gorgeous. Sorry for the late link.

Lori Saul said...

These are fantastic!

Taluula said...

Fabulously fishy and wonderful postcards.