Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Rock" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Paine Open Space in Easton, CT this past week. That rock was along one of the paths in the woods. There are several ponds in the preserve, with Island Pond being the largest. We walked along more paths in the woods to reach it. White water lilies were in bloom there. Unfortunately there were also a lot of mosquitoes, so we could never pause very long, without risking getting bitten.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so I used my last photo of Teddy showcasing drinks and food in a magazine photo of The Blind Rhino in Bridgeport, CT. (Teddy said he wants to go here and accidentally on purpose walk out with one of their glasses with a rhinoceros on it, like the one shown here. I told Teddy Bridgeport is a rough place to get put in jail if he gets caught.)

© All Rights Reserved

The weather was hot and humid this past week. I had wanted to go hiking at some interesting locations for the long July Fourth holiday weekend, but it was too hot to do so. But I did make a trip to Stonebridge Waterfowl Preserve in Weston, CT. And for all of the cat lovers out there (including myself), I took a picture of the Black Cat Grille Sign.

For my creative side, I made a Fourth of July card and Dogs.

Over the long weekend, we watched quite a few movies:

Four out of five of the original Planet Of The Apes movies:
Planet Of The Apes (1968), Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (1971), Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes (1972), and Battle For The Planet Of The Apes (1973).

Agatha Christie mysteries: Death on the Nile (1978) (DVD), The Mirror Crack'd (1980) (DVD), and Evil Under the Sun (1982) (DVD).

Science Fiction: Soylent Green (1973) (DVD), Forbidden Planet (1956) (DVD), and Gattaca (1997) (DVD).

Very good scary movies: The Wicked (2013) (DVD) and Beneath (2007) (DVD).

Comedy: Wedding Crashers (2005) (DVD)

Miscellaneous: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) (DVD), Sherlock Holmes (2009) (DVD), and Eye Of The Devil (1967).

We also watched The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996) (DVD), which is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I give it a 0 out of 10, it is so bad. If you haven't seen it, don't waste your time doing so.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...a nice spot to be!

CJ Kennedy said...

Ah, Teddy accidentally on purpose. Made me laugh. It's a good thing you're cute and might get away with the crime. I'd love to accidentally on purpose relocate the Black Cat Grille sign. I'm not as cute as Teddy and would have to Go To Jail. Go Directly to Jail. Do Not Pass Go. And do not collect $200. Wow! Soylent Green. I haven't seen that movie in ages. Forbidden Planet is one of my favorites. Happy T Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a great week. Teddy was very adventurous to climb onto that rock, and he'd better disguise himself if he wants to walk off with one of those glasses. Happy T Day, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, you did watch a whole lot of movies. Wow. I am very impressed! Through Saturday it was almost too hot to do anything though. And tomorrow the humidity is back. Sad face here also. Too bad about the mosquitoes on your walk. They were out on mine this morning also. And my cousin went to Bridgeport University and I remembering him talking about how rough the town was. I wonder if that university is still open? Oh well, happy T day Anne. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

I like how much Teddy is enjoying the summer, just as you are:) Happy T day!

Hootin Anni said...

Teddy is precious!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I didn't know that about Bridgeport, CT, Anne. I'll be sure not to steal any glasses when I visit there again.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

johanna said...

hi teddy, seeking shadow is always good in summer:) happy t-day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy is quite the adventurous guy. He made the most of that rock, even with mosquitoes. We have them here, too, mainly because of all the rain and standing water.

Teddy looks good with the glass of Rhino beer. I would want one of those glasses, too, but I would see if they would sell one, since I never plan to go to jail.

You watched a LOT of movies, many of which I'd never heard of. Thanks for sharing Teddy and his adorable antics, as well as his choice of drinks this week with us for T this Tuesday.

Kate Yetter said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Halle said...

Ah...a bear in his "natural environment". LOL So fun to see where he adventures.
Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Mosquitoes can turn a lovely space into a miserable one in no time :(

Your movie experience is right down my ally. Sounds like one movie right after another lol, which I love. I'll be keeping an eye out for The Wicked and Beneath, thanks! And thanks for the warning on the '96 Dr. Moreau film.

Happy T Tuesday

Let's Art Journal said...

Sounds like a great week! That's a wonderful photo of Teddy on top of the rock too 😀. Wishing you a Happy T Day! Jo x

Lisca said...

I am always amazed at how many films you watch. You must have a huge collection. We are working our way through our (rather small) DVD collection and watch one film a week. (In our weekend home that has a TV and a DVD player). We are working our way through box sets with lots of supplementary DVDs with interviews and showing how they did certain things. Very interesting. We have watched the last of those and next week we will choose a 'normal' film. Probably Avatar as we both love that one.
I too wanted to make a comment to Teddy about going straight to jail and not collecting the 200$. Great minds think alike! (To which my husband would comment: Fools seldom differ)
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca