Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Wood Bridge" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Stonebridge Waterfowl Preserve a few weeks ago. Teddy wanted to sit on top of the railing, but I nixed that idea, for safety reasons.

I made an art piece as my ticket into this week's T-gathering:

Coffee Days blog post link


The weather continued to be hot and humid most days, but I forced myself to go out to some walking trails despite the heat.

I returned to Paine Open Space Island Pond Preserve to get more photos of the white water lilies there.

I went to Putnam Memorial State Park and got photos of white water lilies and tiger lilies.

I went to Lakeview Cemetery and got photos of tiger lilies and a stunning Killdeer that put on its broken wing act for me.

I went to Perry's Mill Pond and took some pond reflection photos.

I saw a Yellow-crowned Night Heron at Ash Creek Open Space.

I went to Turkington Falls Natural Area but was unable to find the trail that led to the cascades there, but I saw the Earthen Dam.

I walked along the wood plank trail at Lonetown Marsh Sanctuary and saw this stunning Fighting Stallions Sculpture across the street, at Redding Elementary School, where I parked. I researched the history of the statue, and discovered it was made by local artist Anna Hyatt Huntington, who had also created The Torch Bearers Sculpture which I had previously seen at the Mark Twain Library. I went there again, after I found and photographed her A Tribute To The Workhorse Sculpture, located at nearby John Read Middle School.

Over the weekend, we watched The Cave (2005) (DVD), Premonition (2007) (DVD), and The Legend Of Hell House (1973) (DVD).

14 comments:

johanna said...

happy t-day, anne! have a great week:)

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, you and Teddy have been busy busy-he looks cute on the bridge Happy T hugs Kathy

Bill said...

Teddy, the bridgeman and toll collector. :)
Wonderful photo, Anne.

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy looks great, as always! Happy T Day, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Coffee Days! Yes! Every day lol. You can't go wrong with The Legend of Hell House. Happy T Tuesday :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy is adorable and so sweet. It was good that he could join us on our 6th anniversary. Speaking of anniversary, I tried to enlarge the adorable digital art you prepared for us, but it wouldn't enlarge. I had to enlarge the page in order to see it in its incredible beauty. Thank you for making this wonderful drink inspired art to share with us for T this sixth anniversary Tuesday.

Tom said...

...Teddy looks tired from his walk!

Let's Art Journal said...

Great photo and I'm glad that you talked Teddy out of sitting on the railings, we don't want him to take a tumble 😀. What a great week you've had, you've visited such a lot of places and the photos you took sound amazing! Wishing you a happy T Day! Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

You and Teddy have been busy. I'm glad he didn't pose on top of the bridge, I would have worried about him.

Lisca said...

Great photo of Teddy on the bridge. He really is very photogenic.
I love your T-ticket of coffee art. Beautiful.
You walked some great trails. A pity that you didn't get to the cascades.
I loved the sculptures. Were they along the trails?
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

I kind of wish I had a teddy to pose and photograph! :) Delightful pose for us on the bridge. Glad you nixed the railing! You must have some lovely walking trails. I am glad you got your walking is despite the heat. It has been hot and humid here. Today the temp was 101 degrees F. Don't know what the heat index is, but you know higher because of the humidity!
Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

It sounds like you have been having some lovely walks this week. Teddy looks handsome as he always does.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sounds as though you have had some interesting walks - since we came back I haven't done much walking - trying to catch up with everything! I made a special effort to get out for a walk around the village today! Happy T day! Chrisx

Caty said...

Love Teddy on the bridge !! He is wonderful, as your photographs Anne !! Sure you have spent a fantastic T-day !
I wish you a very nice weekend,
Big hugs, Caty