Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Fighting Stallions Sculpture - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This is 1 of 3 posts of photographs that I took of sculptures by local artist Anna Hyatt Huntington this past week.

This sculpture is located on the front lawn of Redding Elementary School in Redding, CT. According to this article, "Huntington never sold her works; all were gifts."

As is sometimes the way of life, one thing led to another, in my discovery of this sculpture, and then subsequently learning that the same artist had created other sculptures I have seen and photographed around Connecticut. I came here to go to . The parking for the trail was across the street, at this school. I saw this magnificent horse sculpture as I pulled in, so I took some photos of it. When I got home, I did some research, to find out who created this.

I learned that this sculpture was "Fighting Stallions" by local artist Anna Hyatt Huntington, and that she had also created the horse sculpture I had photographed at the Mark Twain Library a few months ago. At that time, I was unaware of the history behind any of the sculptures there.

My current research led me to learn she also created the Israel Putnam sculpture at . She also created the Bears and Wolves sculptures at . She also created a horse sculpture at John Read Middle School, which is where I park to go across the street to Saugatuck Falls Natural Area. I didn't even realize a sculpture was at the school, because it was close to the building and obscured by an overgrown tree. So I went out to find that sculpture, then stopped at the nearby Mark Twain Library, to photograph that one again, and made these three blog posts.

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is the one I saw when I first came to your blog today. I can't keep up with all these posts, so forgive me if I miss a few, especially with three youngsters in tow and needing guidance. I WILL show them these sculptures, though, because we have seen several by Remington and a few by Russell. These will be great to compare to the men who created horse sculptures.

CJ Kennedy said...

WOW! Just WOW!

My name is Erika. said...

All these statues are amazing! Wow! I enjoyed seeing them all. You do get out and about in your local area which is something I need to do more of. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

It's such a plus when you get public art by local artists. And for her to have given them all as gifts instead of selling them is unusual as far as I know.

Bill said...

A very impressive and beautiful sculpture

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Amazing sculpture, thank you so much for sharing this with us. Hugs, Angela xXx