Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Gravestones At Night - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took these photographs of gravestones at Gilbertown Cemetery in Easton, CT this past week, during a hot, humid, Summer night.

There was a least one bat flying around, eating all of the bugs that were here, including mosquitoes. Any white specs in these photos are the camera flash reflecting off of bugs. It was about 84 F (28.8 C) while I was here, and very muggy.

-----

It's hot here at night, lonely, black and quiet
On a hot summer night
Don't be afraid of the world we made
On a hot summer night

Hot in the city, hot in the city tonight, tonight

Hot In The City - Billy Idol

5 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I've never visited a cemetery at night. The white specks could be souls rising from the graves. Stay cool.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lovely images. I'm impressed that you were able to stay as long as you did. At least the bat was taking care of the mosquitoes. I had bats that lived next door to me in MO and I miss them terribly. I never once saw a mosquito. Now my city is considering aerial spraying to curb the mosquito problem we have from the standing water that is EVERYWHERE. BTW, I'm a big fan of cemeteries. Your photos made me smile.

Tom said...

...I've never taken cemetery photo in the evening.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice. Maybe those are fireflies in the photos? Stay cool.

Bill said...

Nice photo, Anne. Eerie looking, a scene from a mystery.