Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Haunted Explorations of Haunted Places

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I created this blog post to document all of the allegedly haunted places that I have explored. I will update this post over time.




I've been to this place a few times. It is true about it being very silent. In the middle of the summer, when all of the bugs were buzzing loudly on the outskirts of the woods, none were heard further inside, in the middle of the woods. Any bird calls I heard were in the distance, and none were overhead.

I personally have never experienced anything out of the ordinary while I was here, but that could be because I am a non-believer. I did have one inexplicable photograph but I still don't know what caused it.

Haunted information. More haunted information.

If anyone knows how to contact the Dark Entry Forest Association to get a permit for entry onto their property, please leave a comment. Thanks.



This is often rated as the most haunted location in Connecticut, and is allegedly haunted by the "White Lady". I've gone here several times, during daytime and nighttime, but I never saw anything supernatural. Haunted information.



Bara-Hack - Pomfret, CT

I went here during the day. I didn't see anything supernatural here. Haunted information.


Boothe Memorial Park - Stratford, CT
Witnesses allege "eerie feelings, unexplained knocking and voices" and "shadowy forms" in the cemetery. I didn't see anything supernatural here, but I went here during the day. Haunted information.


Devil's Hopyard State Park - East Haddam, CT

I didn't see anything supernatural here. Haunted information.



I didn't see anything supernatural here. Haunted information.



I'm not sure if the actual grave is haunted, or if the myth here is more about her allegedly being a witch. I didn't see anything supernatural here. Haunted information.



I didn't see anything supernatural here. Haunted information.


Old New-Gate Prison & Copper Mine - East Granby, CT
Witnesses allege seeing ghosts roaming the premises and hearing disembodied voices in the mine tunnels. I didn't see anything supernatural here. Haunted information.



I went here during the day. The main buildings are fenced off to prevent entry. (I-95 North exit 75.) Haunted information.


Yankee Pedlar Inn, Torrington, CT

I went here during the day. The building was boarded up, and has been closed for awhile, after changing ownership in 2014. Haunted information


Places I haven't been to yet:


Allegedly Captain Kidd's pirate treasure is buried here and the island is haunted/cursed. The island is accessible from shore via a sandbar (tombolo) at low tide, so I need to time my visit accordingly. Tides & Currents (Milford, CT)



Back in 2011, the "Ghost Hunters" program filmed an episode here.

I haven't been inside this place, and I am unsure of how to arrange a visit here. If anyone knows who I should contact, please leave a comment. Thanks.


No comments: