Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, August 2, 2019

Second on the 2nd: Great Egret Reflection

This is my entry for Altered Book Lover Bleubeard and Elizabeth's "Second on the 2nd" theme. Back in October 2015, I took some photos of a Great Egret at one of my reliable locations to find them, Southport Beach in Fairfield, CT.

Below is the contents of my original blog post, that I am sharing again today:

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
These are some photographs that I took of some Great Egrets at Southport Beach in Fairfield, CT this past week.

Sometimes I manage to capture stunningly beautiful shots (in my opinion), and the first photo was one of those times. The contrast of the white Egret against the dark water background came out perfectly.

The first photograph is my entry for the following:

Wild Bird Wednesday
Weekend Reflections
Camera Critters
I'd Rather Be Birding
Saturday's Critters

11 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful photos. I love the reflection of the egret(s) in the water.

Tom said...

...beauty times two.

kathyinozarks said...

Wow Beautiful photos of the egert-thanks so much for sharing this second time around-we are still not totally moved in yet at the lake house-but getting closer still so much to do and go through before a big sell at woods house-Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos. Egrets are such beautiful birds! I visited three more old churches today, so wonderful! Happ 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

WOW! These are stunning. Thanks for sharing Anne. I also hope you enlarged these as they are amazing. Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

Anonymous said...

OMG! These are absolutely AMAZING!!!!!...:)jp

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What stunning images you shared with us for your second look today, dear Anne. These are great photos with high contrast and perfectly framed. Your photos never cease to amaze me. Thanks for joining us with your second on the 2nd.

I laughed with glee when I read your question on my rusty fabric today. Oh Anne, I can't sew a straight line, have never cut anything, and prefer to tear fabric. The items I make are tiny quiltlets that hang on walls. But I appreciate that you thought I might actually BE a seamstress, rather than a wanna-be sewer (pronounced sower)!

Sharon Madson said...

I joined in this time. I am glad you shared this beautiful photo, because I didn't see it the first time. Gorgeous, gorgeous!

Rumpelkammer said...

wonderful bird
wonderful pictures
and wonderful reflections ;)
happy sunday
Rosi

Stewart M said...

Love the reflection in the first picture.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Lisca said...

Stunning photos of the egret!
Thank you for sharing your second on the second,
Lisca