Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, August 22, 2019

"Faded Woman" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made the first postcard using the faded woman with paper tears on her. Then I found a higher resolution image of the same woman, which didn't have any flaws on her, so I used that in the second postcard. The background is the same for both. I think I like the first one better, because I intentionally made it look faded and worn, like the woman was.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.12.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

8 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Thought I like both, the second image doesn't look faded.

Tom said...

...look at that waist.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, it's amazing how you found a cleaned up image after you had already created one postcard. I like them both, actually.

Valerie-Jael said...

Both postcards look good, but I like the idea of the faded woman, I feel like that today after sleeping badly again! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

I like them both, but if you continue to call her the Faded Woman, then the first one is more appropriate.
My eyes went to her waist first. No wonder women fainted in those days. They couldn't breathe!

My name is Erika. said...

She made me smile. What an expression on her face! Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the different effect given the faded nature of the first image. Those hourglass figures amaze me!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous images. You certainly know how to find some great pieces. have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx