Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Swing" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Putnam Memorial State Park a few weeks ago. Teddy had fun here, as you can see.

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Tea" so I'm using the postcard I made for that as my ticket into this week's T-gathering (sorry for fooling you Elizabeth, but you were half right):

Boston Tea Party blog post link  (<== click on that link to find larger version of below image)


The weather was warm but pleasant most days. Both Saturday and Sunday were top ten weather days, with perfect temperatures at night for sleeping. (I don't have AC.) Connecticut actually has more than ten "top ten" weather days a year. But now the humidity is creeping back in.

I made a few postcards: Lady Bird Numbers, Medieval Butterfly Woman 2, Medieval Butterfly Woman 1, Butterfly 2, and Boston Tea Party, which doubled as my ticket into T-Day.

I took some Snowy Egret photos here and here. We also saw a Fire Truck / Fire Engine that was doing some drills, and Teddy wanted to pose on it, but we were too shy to ask the firemen if he could.

In local news, on August 4, a bicyclist crashed into a Black Bear in Weston, CT. Teddy insisted that I tell everyone about this story, to show the T-Gang that unlike Grizzly Bears, Black Bears don't usually attack humans, even in this extraordinary circumstance. The bear fled into the woods after the encounter, while the bicyclist and his bike sustained minor injuries and damage from the impact. A few weeks ago Teddy and I went to a preserve in Weston, so now Teddy wants to go to Trout Brook Valley Preserve, which is on the Weston / Easton border where that bear was, with the hope that we see it. I told Teddy I'll think about it.

Over the weekend, we watched Bless The Child (2000) (DVD), It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (1966) (DVD), and The Wizard Of Oz (1939) (DVD).

If you're wondering why I watched a Halloween cartoon this early, it's because I just ordered the DVD from Walmart, and I wanted to make sure the DVD was okay, and it was. Previously, I had ordered a different DVD from Amazon, and the Amazon employee put it into the shipping box knowing it was damaged. That is also not the first time I've received something from Amazon that was already damaged when it was placed into the shipping box by their employee, and never should've been shipped by them in the first place. So I've decided to start giving my online shopping purchases to Walmart, which has the added benefit of the packages arriving in two days when I meet their free shipping criteria, unlike Amazon, which requires Prime membership to get two day shipping. With Amazon, if you meet their free shipping criteria, they sit on your order for several days, holding it, because when they actually do ship it, it arrives in two days.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...if I want to buy something, I'd rather go to a store!

CJ Kennedy said...

You and Teddy have had a busy week. Teddy looks so happy and relaxed on the swing. I think I would have been a little too shy to ask the firemen if I could pet the fire truck, too. The story of the black bear and the collision with the bicycle was 😱 Both of them must have been so scared. I haven't had problems with Amazon. I am a prime member mostly because I wanted to watch Doctor Who as Amazon took it away from Netflix. I have an order arriving tomorrow. Hopefully, it will arrive intact. I ordered a snow globe as a going away gift for a colleague. I hate snow. She loves it and with the snow globe she can make it snow any time she wants, but only at her house! Happy T Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Erika has had encounters with black bears on her property. They have done some terrible damages. Her dogs go nuts when the bear is around. I hope she comments on them, too.

Teddy looks so sweet on the swing. What a darling couple of photos.

I'm glad your DVD worked well. CJ suggested I order the moon stamps I wanted online, but I explained to her I don't buy ANYTHING online. If I can't feel it, inspect it, hold it, I don't want it. If for some unknown reason, I could only order online, I would get my friend Scott to order it. His computer has electronic condoms, mine doesn't.

Thank you for sharing your Boston Tea Party postcard with us for T this Tuesday. I loved it when I saw it earlier, and it's still a beauty. Also , thanks for sharing your week, your art, and Teddy, too.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That's a very cute photo of Teddy on the swing, Anne. I love the talk you and Teddy had over the black bear story. Too funny.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Lisca said...

Please tell Teddy that he looks very smart posing on the swing. And yes, I have seen the story about the cyclist and the bear. We shall never know if the poor bear was hurt.
I do order a lot online (as I live in a remote area) but we don't have Walmart here. I use Amazon. Recently I paid for Amazon Prime to benefit from the free postage, but the items eligible for free postage are more expensive than in other places, in fact the amount that they are more expensive allows for the postage, so I will not renew it next year.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Lisca said...

In answer to your comment:
Francisco Franco Bahamonde; (4 December 1892 – 20 November 1975) was a Spanish general and politician who ruled over Spain as Head of State and dictator under the title Caudillo from 1939, after the Nationalist victory in the Spanish Civil War, until his death in 1975.
So the monarchy was re-instated in 1975.

Sharon Madson said...

I enjoy seeing Teddy every week, and I love this whole theme you have going, of Teddy telling you what to tell us, etc. I don't know how you came up with all of this, but I think it was genius! Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

You've been busy and Teddy too.
wow that was quite the collision glad both bear and man are fine after that.
Happy T wishes kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy looks very happy on the swing, hope he is holding on tight! The Tea-party card is gorgeous, great idea. Poor bear, he must have had a shock when the cyclist crashed into him! You took some lovely photos this week, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Your postcards are fantastic and seeing Teddy in the photos always makes me smile.
It was interesting to read about the black bear and the cyclist, he was quite right hoping you would tell us all about that happening.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Thank you so much Anne for the calorie link-I saved it now too

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day a bit late in the day. I like Teddy on the swing. And I am glad Teddy wants to tell the world about how black bears are not very vicious-most of the time. We have them around my house and I see them on occasion. Hope you didn't gets any terrible storms and your humidity disappears. It has here. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Love that swing! And the story about the black bear is a bit scary. We have heard from the previous owners that black bears would sometimes be seen in our back yard. But like you said they don't attack people so that's a good thing.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Dianne said...

Teddy does look like he's having fun, but I'm with you on the cautiousness of meeting other bears! We also walked at a state park here in Ohio this week, and were surprised to see many folks using the Frisbee Golf Course. so enjoying the sunshine, and even tho I love Fall, kind of dreading what comes after. ;) happy T day a bit late!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'd gladly swing along with Teddy, nice and gently :) And the "Try Delicious Tea" idea would also suit me. The Great Pumpkin is one of my all-time favorite Halloween shows, and I'd say it's never too early to get started watching them :) Happy late T-Day!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Teddy, nice to see you having a good time. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Caty said...

Love Teddy on swing, really so cute !! you have created so many and wonderful art Anne , Love your fantastic postcards, and it would be so nice to see Teddy at Trout Brook Valley preserve.
Hope your T-day was very happy.
I wish you a nice Friday, and send big hugs,
Caty