Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Stone Bench" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

That is another photo of Teddy that I took during our trip to Lakeview Cemetery a few weeks ago. Teddy enjoyed gazing at the pond. (I don't have a frontal photo of Teddy because I would have had to walk to the other side of the pond to take it, and I didn't want to leave Teddy alone.)

I made a tarot card art piece that featured a cup as my ticket into this week's T-gathering:

Three of Cups blog post link  (<== click on that link to find larger version of below image)


The weather was a mix of unpleasantly hot and humid days, and hot but comfortable days.

I made a few postcards: A Fish Tale, Statue, and General Architecture.

I also made a tag: Dolphin Ship Anchor.

Because of the hot weather, I made Pasta Salad to have something cold to eat.

I am disgusted to report that one of my favorite cemeteries, Union Cemetery in Easton, CT, was vandalized by people who should go directly to jail. Unfortunately, they haven't been caught. Besides photographing some of the damaged gravestones, I also got some nice photos of a Dragonfly and Cicada Killer Wasp.

I took a few photographs at the reservoir.

I got some photographs of a Great Blue Heron and a Great Egret. They are such exotic, beautiful looking birds.

I posted Second on the 2nd: Great Egret Reflection.

Over the weekend, we watched Vertigo (1958) (DVD), National Treasure (2004) (DVD), National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007) (DVD), Jacob's Ladder (1990) (DVD), and Death Sentence (1974) (TV Movie) (DVD).

16 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Cemeteries are great places to walk as they are peaceful and often interesting. But shame on those folks who vandalize them. Seems like they aren't often caught either. I think it is getting humid again, or at least it feels like it is. Hope you don't get any bad storms. Hope it was a happy T day. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. I voted in a primary today, then went for a sandwich and ran into some good friends. Before I knew it, it was 6:30 pm and I couldn't believe how much time I had spent away from my T Tuesday hosting duties.


Seems I've missed many posts this week. I apologize, but can't keep up. I DO LOVE your three cups. This is a lovely image. Thanks for creating it, and sharing Teddy with us, too for T this Tuesday.

Tom said...

...that bench doesn't look comfy, I bet Teddy is glad that he is well padded.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a good week. Love Teddy on the bench. The wonderful cemetery I visited here last week also has a lot of vandalised stones, so sad. Have a great day, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I'd like to be sitting next to Teddy gazing at the pond. I love walking around cemeteries. I love the peace and quiet and the art of the stones. The 3 of cups makes me think of a girl's night out. Very fun. Love your movie choices, too. Happy T Day! ☕🍷

Lisca said...

How awful that the cemetery was vandalized! I agree, the perpetrators should be jailed immediately.
Your pasta salad looks really yummy. But then I looked at the ingredients and it called for a whole bottle of dressing. That is a bit too fattening for my liking, so I hope you don't mind that I pass on that one. But I will join in with the three cups, if you can add one for me please, I'll have white wine. Cheers!
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, Teddy has such a beautiful view from his bench today 😁. Wishing you a happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

I always appreciate a well-placed bench :) I haven't seen the last 2 of the movies you mentioned, so I'll check into them. Thx! Happy T Whatever-Day-It-Is ;)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I really want to find some time to look at all of your posts -as it is I have only seen your Reflected egrets - beautiful! Looks as though Teddy found a nice view! Belated Happy T Day - I had friends around yesterday to try and finish the book we started in a workshop! Hugs, Chrisx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love Teddys, that photo is so sweet.
Hugs Anja

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I cannot believe what makes people do such things. Unfortunately there are some who think it makes them look hard in front of their so called friends when they damage other people's property even when the owners are dead, they are truly sad people to say the least. Teddy certainly gets around, I think he is becoming quite a celebrity. Thanks for the lovely comment over at mine too. Angela xXx

Bill said...

Teddy is enjoying his rest, he looks fabulous!

Caty said...

OOhh love this photograph of Teddy on a bench Anne !! Happy belated T-day !! ( sorry I´m late visiting you) Your pasta salad may have been delicious, I also eat a lot of salad in summer, they are yummy. your photograhs are all incredible, Love them, the cards of the fishes are lovely, the three cups also, the dragonflies are so beautiful, and the eiron, the flowers.... thank you very much for sharing them with us.
What a pity to find the cemetery has been vandalized, hope they could find those people soon.
i wish you a very nice Thursday, and send big hugs,
Caty

kathyinozarks said...

You have been busy-and hello to Teddy too hugs Happy T Kathy

Halle said...

Teddy found a good spot this week.
Happy T day!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the photograph of Teddy on the bench.

All the best Jan