Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Tree Stump" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are more photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Putnam Memorial State Park a few weeks ago.

I'm using a tag that I made as my ticket into this week's T-gathering:

"Tea Time" blog post link  (<== click on that link to find larger version of below image)


The weather started out muggy, but by the end of the week it was gone, replaced by comfortable day and night temperatures.

I made an Ocean Bathing Beauty tag and postcard.

I made a few other postcards: Faded Woman, Cardinal, Strange Encounter, and Fairy Dolphin.

I went to the Grace Richardson Conservation Area, in Fairfield, CT and got photos of a spooky looking Halloween tree, foundation remains, and a possible calling card left by deviants. According to a news report about 6 people being arrested there for "lewd and sexual activity" in mid-August, "the park has been advertised on at least one “City Hookup Guide” site as a meet-up spot along with other Fairfield locations, including the Jefferson Street Commuter Lot and McDonald’s at the Interstate-95 Service Plaza. Police are continuing to monitor the locations and internet advertising."

A Google review of the park address was added recently, saying, "You may want to leave the kids at home." Which is an apt description, because what is meant to be a public location for everyone to enjoy, including children, has been turned into a quickie meet up spot for strangers. Two years ago, one of the men arrested in Fairfield had been arrested in New Canaan, CT for walking around naked at Waveny Park. He sounds like the sort of person parents would love to encounter while taking their children for a walk in a public park. (sarcasm)

Over the weekend, we watched Frantic (1988) (DVD), Dark Skies (2013) (DVD), The Apparition (2012) (DVD), and Haunter (2013) (DVD).

I'm late posting today because I was working on a cell phone flashlight App. I realized that what comes standard on some smart phones wasn't on mine, so I made my own App and installed it on my phone. I can now do ghost hunting at night using my cell phone for a flashlight.

15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks really happy on the tree stump. Wonderful photos of him.

I loved your tag with the lady serving tea from that gorgeous teapot. This is truly wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us for T this Tuesday. It's OK to be late, too.

Wow, I thought all phones came with a light. What do I know. I still don't own one. You are very talented to create your own app.

I think I mentioned before that we have a park in my neighborhood where they eventually cut down all the trees because people were hooking up and having sex in the woods.

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy looks so cool sitting on that big tree stump! It sounds like you've had another busy week and I love your tea time postcard - beautiful 😁. Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Halle said...

Lovely tag! Happy T day!

Tom said...

...Teddy looks stumped!

My name is Erika. said...

Ghost hunting sounds interesting. Cool that you made your own ppp. You are a computer savvy lady. And I hope you didn't take Teddy to the park where he might see a naked man running around. I would hate to think that poor Teddy might have to see that. (smile) Hope it was a happy T day. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy is looking good on hos rock! You got a lot done this past week and made some great art. We have a beauty spot by a river near here which is also being used for nefarious meetings, so I haven't been there lately, it's just disgusting. Have a great T day, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

For a minute I got excited thinking you and Teddy had traveled to Putnam, CT which is not too far from me. Teddy looks cute and natural on the tree stump. Very cool that you made your own app. Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

Another super post and photo of Teddy on his outing. The postcard looks great, belated T day wishes Anne.
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

no need to apologize for being late... i myself am in a summer daze... and blogger won´t send me email notifications any more about comments. so i look up from time to time if there was traffic;)
you seemed to have a busy week! enjoy summer and greetings to teddy!!
xox, johanna

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely tag! Oh,, and great photo of teddy on the stump. Sorry to hear about the park, a sign of our times! Happy week, as it is too late to say Happy T Day!

Lisca said...

Your tag is beautiful. I so love that colour combination of the turquoise and the peach.
How awful that the Grace Richardson Conservation Area has become a meeting place for deviants. I went to see the golf ball on your other post and I am appalled.
Never mind that you are late...I am even later!
Oh, I forgot to say that the metal grids on our windows and doors are pure tradition. Our crime rate is very low. The gates on the carport will have panels on them to shield the car from the hot sun. In summer the car gets so hot, it takes a few minutes of running with the airco before i can get in it. Besides it's not good for the paintwork and the seals around the windows plus the tires will dry out.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that they left the stump. It's the perfect perch :)

Mary said...

Teddy looks quite regal from his lofty perch where he can survey the whole area! Love the tag and you certainly have accomplished a lot this week.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Teddy looks as though he's having a good time. He certainly gets around. Hugs, Angela xXx

Caty said...

Teddy is absolutely lovely Anne !! That´s a super photograph on the stump, love it. Love your wonderful tag too, that´s amazing.
i wish you a very nice weekend, and send big hugss
Caty