Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Trout Brook Valley Preserve / Be Bear Aware - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This is 4 of 4 posts of photographs that I took at Trout Brook Valley Preserve, in Weston, CT this past week.

The mosquitoes were biting me here, and the trail I wanted to go on ended up being too steep for me to navigate with everything I was carrying, so I only spent a little time walking here. I need to return here when the weather gets cooler, and explore some of the many trails.

There are also Black Bears in these woods, hence the "Be Bear Aware" warning sign at the trail entrance. On August 4, a bicyclist crashed into a Black Bear near this particular trail entrance. Black Bears don't usually attack humans, and this extraordinary circumstance was no exception. The bear fled into the woods after the encounter, while the bicyclist and his bike sustained minor injuries and damage from the impact.

3 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

These are great photos. It looks like a nice place to meander through ona nice summer's day. And I love the bear sign. It has me thinking that I never see these in NH. And we have lots of bears so I wonder why we don't have those. Or maybe they do on the busy trails. I get them here in my yard (they like my bird feeder and cause me lots of work as I have to take the feeder in every night) but you are right, they just bound off (unless there are cubs of course, then I would be cautious.) These are beautiful shots Anne. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope it's not too muggy. It is here. Hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...a place that I would love to explore, but bears not so much!

Divers and Sundry said...

We don't have bears here, tho they're not too far away as you move west across Arkansas and east into the East Tennessee mountains. Warning signs would definitely help me, since it would never occur to me to watch for bear. That's such a pretty woodland scene :)