Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, August 10, 2019

"Medieval Butterfly Woman 1" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Moo Mania challenge was "Butterflies."

This piece doesn't count, because it's a vintage woman with butterfly wings, and the challenge said, "We want to see at least one butterfly." The background for this is from medieval manuscript pages. I hope to make a piece featuring a butterfly soon, to post to the challenge.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.12.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

7 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I think this piece should count.

Tom said...

...and she is spreading her wings!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi there Anne,
What a lovely late Victorian era lady, butterfly wings are beautiful too, and love the braid like adornments around image as well.

I had in my youth a a fascination with dress, has a book of the history of English dress so this style isn’t medieval, but circa 1880s. Bustles were in in later period and crinoline was supplanted.
Bustles like this lady has were also in early Edwardian but not in latter Edwardian.
I’m sure you needed to know that! Not. 😆 As you can see I still am interested in it. When In London in 2009 the Victoria And Albert museum had the history of English dress with original examples, I went with my niece who lived there, how fascinating it was!
Your post brought back memories!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Mm the calligraphic piece in background prob medieval as you say looks like it’s from Arabia or somewhere like that, they produce the most amazing calligraphic works there and saw some truly beautiful samples in the British library. I spent ages there several times as my family live about six blocks from it.
Love it Shaz.x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you created the grid and your winged lady is beautiful.

Kinga K. said...

Nice woman♥

My name is Erika. said...

I like this card too. I like the formality about it but also a bit of whimsy with the wings. Hugs-Erika