Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Wood Bridge" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

Before I get to my summation, I again need to apologize to everyone for not reciprocating comments etc. this past week. The new computer and updating my old computer continued to take up much more of my time than I expected. As of today, I'm declaring "done" (I hope). I didn't know Windows 10 was loaded with Microsoft bloatware. And some Programs (now called "Apps") aren't working right, which used to work on Windows 7, so I have to figure that out at some point, but I'm taking a break from it for awhile. Looks like it's time to learn Linux and make the switch!

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during one of our trips to the Audubon Larsen Wildlife Sanctuary a few weeks ago.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image, this time showing several beverages:
© All Rights Reserved

I came down with a head cold on Halloween and was sick the next few days after that. (I think I'm still a little sick, because my head still feels a little fuzzy.)

It rained all day on Halloween but the temperature got up to 70 F (21.1 C), which was a bit on the warm side for Connecticut. Then we had our first frost (that I saw) Saturday morning, November 2, 2019. It was 34 F (1.1 C), which made for a dramatic temperature change. This coming Thursday night (11/7 into 11/8) we might get a rain snow mix. Ugh. In Connecticut, we typically don't get snow until December, but it has fallen as early as October.

I voted today in the local elections. (Teddy wanted to come with me, but I told him only one person is allowed in the "voting booth" which is now desks with partitions to fill out the paper ballots.)

My last two Halloween postcards were: Autumn Owl and Haunted Night Sky. There was also a bakery made Halloween Cake.

I also made this postcard: Insects.

I took Fall foliage photos: Waterfall / Fall Foliage, Fall Foliage / Waterfall.

I took photos at cemeteries: Lyon Cemetery, Coley Cemetery, Lyons Plain Cemetery, Christ Church Cemetery.

And then there was the Sanford Cemetery Ghostly Energy Form?! anomaly. I don't make fake "ghost" photographs. I don't know what that was in that photograph, but I need to do further research on it. Prior to that photograph, I've taken only one other photo where an anomaly occurred that I could not explain.

Teddy was in the car with me when I took the photo at Sanford Cemetery and later claimed he saw the ghost walk by. I asked him why he didn't say anything at the time, when I got back into the car, and he just looked away. (All kidding aside, I didn't notice anything odd at the time. It wasn't until I loaded the camera photos onto my computer that I noticed the anomaly.)

Second on the 2nd: Skull and Cross Bones Gravestone

Over the weekend, we watched the following movies:

movies:

The Devil's Advocate (1997) (DVD) excellent

Marley & Me (2008) (DVD) very good but a sad ending

The Happening (2008) (DVD) good

Passengers (2008) (DVD) very good but a sad ending

horror:

Two on a Guillotine (1965) (DVD) very good

The Changeling (1979) (DVD) excellent, good ghost story

What Lies Beneath (2000) (DVD) excellent, good ghost story

The Ring (2002) (DVD) very good

1408 (2007) (DVD) very good

Whisper (2007) (DVD) good

Red Riding Hood (2011) (DVD) excellent

Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad - "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" (cartoon) (1949) (DVD) excellent, a classic

Sleepy Hollow (1999) (DVD) excellent

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I haven't seen Teddy in a while.

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww … love these photographs with Teddy :)

All the best Jan

Sharon Madson said...

I hope you start feeling better, and hope Teddy doesn't get it.
You two have a great T Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Great pics with Teddy, hes really well travelled. Glad you are slowly getting your PC under control. You watched lots of films, too, wow! Happy T Day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Hello Teddy, greetings from Mielebaer :-)

Sorry to hear about your problems, I´m still on Windows 7 on my PC, Laptop has Windows 10, I prefer PC for sure!
Wow, Linux - please tell how it goes!!!

Yes, sorry to hear, I was sick, too, still slowly recovering in this nasty weather!
Too cold too early here also.
Awwww, but Teddy should learn how to vote, too, no? How old is he? Mielebaer could vote here soon, being 14 now.
Huhhh, ghosts, well, it´s the time of the year!

Let's Art Journal said...

It's lovely to see Teddy and he looks right at home in the woods, maybe he's planning a picnic on the bridge 😉. I hope you get your computer fully sorted and that you are feeling much better soon! Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

You sure watched a lot of films this past week. Good for you! I am going to use some of these suggestions, if you don't mind. And what a nice place to walk. I guess this was before the wind blew all the leaves down. And happy belated T day. I didn't get back to my computer last night. Have a great day. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

As always Teddy looks so cute. Glad you got your computer woes straightened out or at least to the point where thinks are not so irksome, and I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm really hoping the weather dudes are wrong and the snow either turns out to be a few flurries or blows out to sea. Way too early to be thinking of the dreaded S word. Happy T Day

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Love your Teddy tales, Anne. A friend once took a bunch of photos around her pool. When we viewed them, there were several very clear angel shapes. A whole string of angel "coincidences" followed. After a while I realized that the angel shapes were reflections off of the water. But who made that happen and what about the other related events? Hmmm ...

Happy T-day! Eilen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now your T Tuesday host must apologize, too. I'm running late, although I saw your post on my sidebar last night. Just couldn't stay awake to leave a comment or visit. I also voted yesterday. We didn't hit the news like some of the big state contests did, but at least the guy I voted for mayor won. One year, I took my little doll WOYWWendy into the booth with me. I even photographed her in the booth. I was allowed to do so as long as I did it before the actual program for voting showed.

The reason I went to Linux is the exact reason I didn't want Windows on my new computer. I had also heard that when Windows updated, they did it without your consent, and your software gets hijacked in order to do so. I wish you luck, because for me, Linux is the only way to go.

Sorry you have been ill. The weather is so up and down here, I'm surprised more people aren't sick.

Teddy looks good on the bridge, and even better in the chair sharing a drink. Thanks for sharing your synopsis of your week, your movies, and Teddy with his favorite drinks with us for T this week. I'll try to make it on Tuesday next week.

Divers and Sundry said...

MS is evil :( Why can't they let me install what I want and only what I want?! I'm seriously considering a Chromebook next time.

Oh, The Changeling! And some of those others I've enjoyed, too. I'm off to Google the ones I haven't seen. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos Anne and Teddy looked as handsome as ever getting his photo taken.
I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Yvonne xx

Lois said...

Teddy seems to like it there on the wood bridge. I hope you feel better soon.

Natalia said...

Lovely☺☺

Lisca said...

So many temperature changes! No wonder you have caught a cold. Hope you are feeling better now.
The ghost anomaly is very weird. And timely too so near Halloween. Perhaps it was a ghost teddybear. (it was rather small)
Sorry for being so late again,
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

carol l mckenna said...

Sweet photos of Teddy and creative too!

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Nice to see Teddy again. Not sure when I shall get my desk back as we are still waiting the the plastering to be done, then the decorating and putting everything back so might move some crafting stuff in the kitchen soon as I have to get going with more Christmas cards. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Caty said...

I wish you feel better today Anne !! I was sick last week too, but fine now. Take care, the weather has changed.
First of all, I looove the photographs of Teddy on wood bridge, and with the journal, always pretty.
Then, I want to say that I have enjoyed your fantastic cards, they are all wonderful. And the photographs of fall foliage and waterfall are Gorgeous, as your photographs of the cemeteries. And I was so surprised to see this ghostly form, it´s incredible. I look forward to read about your searches. Thanks so much for sharing all them with us.
Last month I watched the movie "passengers" on TV, I liked it.
I wish you a very nice and happy weekend, enjoy, and I send you big hugs,
Caty