Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Waxing Crescent Moon 19.7% Lit Before The Storm - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took this photograph of the waxing crescent moon during the end of Civil Twilight this evening. The moon was 19.7% lit before the storm that's arriving here tomorrow. I have the snow shovels, etc. ready, and my car is now parked in the "snowfall position" at the top of the driveway. Where I live in Fairfield County Connecticut, the Merritt Parkway (Route 15) is considered the "dividing line" between the severity of Winter weather events. The water in Long Island Sound keeps the temperatures a little warmer along the coast of CT. Even though I'm south of the parkway, I usually end up getting the same snowfall totals as those who live just north of the parkway. :-(

In moon trivia news, the moon is waxing toward the next Full Moon, which will be on Dec 12, 2019 (12/12) at 12:12 am my local time. Pretty cool, huh?!

5 comments:

Tom said...

...a calm day here today, I'm not sure what is instore for us tomorrow.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Amazing photograph, magical. Stay safe Tracey x

My name is Erika. said...

Nice moon photo Anne. I don't think it is going to be out tomorrow night. Sounds like this storm is going to be big. I think you're in the higher amounts than me, but they are still saying I could get close to 10 inches. We shall see what they say in the morning. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely moon photo. My FIL used the moon to tell the water. This one would be rain as the bowl can't hold water. I'm hoping we get more rain than snow. Fingers crossed that either this storm fizzles or snow total won't be as much as the gleeful weather duded are predicting for us.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your moon photos! We're getting much colder temps here, too. Of course that means a high of only 40 on this sunny day lol I hope your storm isn't too bad.