Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

"Winter Asian Water Cranes" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Try It On Tuesday challenge was "Cold, Cold, Cold." This is my second entry.

I don't usually do this, but I modified a previous art piece, adding snow and a whiter tint to the water.

This morning it was a balmy (sarcasm) 22 F (-5.5 C) in southern Connecticut, but with the wind chill, it felt like 14 F (-10 C). The high today will be  31 F (-0.5 C), but will feel like 10 F to 20 F (-12.2 C to -6.6 C). From NOAA: "These highs are below normal, even for January."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.12.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

13 comments:

Tom said...

...calming.

Gerrina said...

Looks great! Real cold... Keep warm! Gerrina

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is amazing, but feels cold to me.

I am not sure what YOU do and what Scott does are the same. Like Scott, I don't download files. I might download an image from a known and reputable site, like Graphics Fairy or Pexels, but that is ONE image, not entire files. Maybe that is why his response was a bit misleading to you.

Rohrerbot said...

Perfection.

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous Anne! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Busy again and gorgeous piece you've made here, love it. Angela xXx

Bill said...

Very pretty. A lot colder than us, brrr.

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous Anne! Thank you for joining Try it on Tuesday.

Iris Flavia said...

It shows the cold!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your postcard looks very Asian. Was cold here, too. Guess we'll be on a cold rollercoaster for the next few days. Stay warm.

Rika said...

A wonderful Postcard!

My name is Erika. said...

This is really cool and reminds me of summer boating. Oh summer. Not only warmer, ok, the cold is just a pain, but these short days are really the hardest. I am severely daylight in need. Glad it is the weekend so I can get some. (Can't wait to retire so I have some daytime daylight to enjoy). Sorry, I got distracted. But I am just loving this postcard a lot. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful scene! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Chrisx