Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Red Picnic Table" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Lake Mohegan about a month ago. Those trees are probably bare at this point in time.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image, this time showing a glass of Blue Moon beer:
  © All Rights Reserved

Coincidentally, this past week I learned that next Halloween (Oct 31, 2020) there will be a Blue Moon! (Second Full Moon in the same month.) I need to start planning some extraordinary artwork for that occasion. A Full Moon only falls on the same day every 19 years or so. So the next Halloween Full Moon won't be until 2039.

Finding out about the 2020 Halloween Blue Moon also led me to discover that the US Navy site I rely on for accurate sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, etc. data is down for modernization, and won't be back up until April 2020.  Data Services — Naval Oceanography Portal   I also rely on them for my simulated moon phase image on my blog, which I hadn't noticed wasn't updating since October 24, 2019.

Teddy said to tell everyone he appreciated the comments of concern about him needing a winter coat now that it got cold here. However, when I caught him using my computer, holding my credit card in his paw, while looking at coats on store websites, he quickly scurried away without explanation.

The weather was so unseasonably cold that NOAA described it as colder than the average temperatures for January. It moderated a little, dipped again for the weekend, then rose a little bit. I hope it's not a sign of a bitterly cold winter to come.

For the book lovers out there, I just heard about this link, which I added to my blog: Metropolitan Museum of Art - Books with Full-Text Online.

I got that direct link from this site, which has many links on it, but it also has ads: Open Culture - free cultural & educational media on the web.

I cleaned up and reorganized my blog a little. I now list the movies by genre, but most of my movie links are Crime / Mystery / Film-Noir.

For anyone old enough to remember Kolchak: The Night Stalker, NBC has all of the episodes here. (I don't now how long they'll be available. I made a blog post with a link for each episode, like I've done for other shows: Kolchak: The Night Stalker Episodes)

This past week the Symantec Norton anti-virus bug reared it's ugly head again on my new Windows 10 computer. Apparently their software bug has existed for awhile, but Symantec can't be bothered to fix it, according to comments I read here. I've heard Windows Defender is better than it used to be, so I need to research that, to see if I can use that instead of Norton, which I won't be renewing if they don't fix their bug.

This Handsome Fellow is my beloved cat. (See that blog post link for photos I took of him this week.)
  © All Rights Reserved

I took more cemetery photos: Gravestones at Dusk, Sanford Cemetery Gravestones, Skull and Cross Bones Gravestones, Cemetery Gates and Gravestones.

I took a short hike on a Trail In Woods.

I saw the Full Moon.

Most of the boats have been removed from the water for the season: Harbor Reflections.

I made some postcards: The Moon - Blue Frosty Night, Fortune Teller Games, Winter Asian Water Cranes, Midnight Masquerade, Medieval Dragon Queen, Charlie Chaplin, Medieval Organ Music.

I've also been working on a small project that involves two maps: one is an art piece and one is a real map. But the two are related to each other. I had hoped to have them finished before this T-Post, so I could share them, but they're both still works in progress. I'll give a little teaser hint about them: they involve hic sunt manes and hic sunt dracones. And if I have my druthers, one will be my destination for the 2020 Halloween Blue Moon, although it might be a little cold there that night!

This was a bye week for movie watching, akin to the US football term.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...he looks lonely at that BIG table.

kathyinozarks said...

Another busy week, Teddy is making me laugh this morning-full of mischief.
The link with the books I have bookmarked-thank you for that. I do remember that show The Night Stalker. sounds good to catorgorize your movies too. I like that you mentioned about the blue moon next year-I will look for that-remind us about. Loved the kitty photo. You have so many interesting links this week-Happy T wishes Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

ha ha- too funny about Teddy online shopping:):):) And my son and hubby like the Blue Moon beer. So interesting about the moon for next Halloween! I vaguely remember The Night Stalker. I think it used to be on late and I'd watch it after work when I worked middle shift years ago.
Hope you get your virus protection settled.
Sweet looking kitty. Happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy at the picnic table is reminding me of Summer. That seems so long ago. Deep sigh. Forlorn look. Your tabby is very handsome. You're lucky you get him to look at the camera. Ink didn't like having his picture taken so just as you were about to snap the shutter, he would look away. For virus protection, I use MacAfee. A long time ago I was a beta tester for them and have stuck with them ever since. I haven't had any issues with them and Windows 10. I also use Malwarebytes to check for malware. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy is having fun today, is he waiting for his picnic to arrive? 😁 Teddy has chosen a great beer, I love this Blue Moon beer too, so yummy! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

Teddy, as Mielebaer, seem to have a faible for beer! :-) Well, for looking at it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy is so adorable. He is also SO smart. He knows where the best camp sites are, so when summer gets here, he'll know exactly where to go.

I saw an ad awhile back on Blue Moon. Their beer got popular once they started adding an orange slice with it. It does make a pretty gkass of beer.

I was really impressed with the information on the next full moon and Halloween, 2020's Blue Moon.

Looks like I've missed quite a few of your cemetery photos and maybe even a few postcards. I wish I could say life has gotten easier, but it hasn't, so I'll surely be late visiting until around the first of the month.

Thanks for sharing Teddy, the full moon explanation, and Teddy's drink of choice this week with us for T this Tuesday.

Divers and Sundry said...

A teddy bear picnic waiting for food :) A Halloween full moon looks like something to look forward to. I love Kolchak! I watched them online, I think via Youtube, but you're so right that videos come and go. There are a lot of programs out there, and there must be something better than Symantic if they won't even fix bugs :( Your Handsome Fellow knows how to strike a pose, doesn't he!

Happy T Tuesday!

carol l mckenna said...

Handsome kitty and sweet photo of both ~ kitty and the teddy bear ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lisca said...

Again, thank you so much for a blog post with so much to look at. I often leave you 'till last as I take my time to look at the links.
What a great find this Met publications for free! I've favorited the link and I'm now looking at the book about Al-Andaluz, as this is where I live and I am surrounded by that legacy.
Your cat is beautiful. What a lovely boy. And such a good photo of him! You didn't mention his name...
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Bill said...

Teddy looks like he could use some company.
Beautiful kitty, Anne.

Meggymay said...

Teddy has me grinning today, he looks so sweet in the photos, but I have an image of him ordering a coat which I think will stay with me for a while.
A super post Anne and lots of information about the blue moon.
I loved seeing the photos of you cat as well.
Happy T day wishes Anne
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your kitty is a handsome fellow. With this cold and dark month I bet he is enjoying watching through the window and staying warm. But Teddy, I don't know about him if he would shop for a new coat using your card without asking you. You might need to change the location of your wallet and put a child lock on certain computer sites. Hee-hee. Hope it was a great T day and stay warm! Hugs-Erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

It's cool that you pay so much attention to the moon and its phases. That very interesting that we'll have a Blue Moon next year. I had noticed the changing moon phase app on your page. Now I know why.

Teddy is certainly a handful, but also a good companion. You're too funny. Beautiful cat. What's its name?

Belated Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Sharon Madson said...

Thanks for all the great links. I got side tracked and had to come back to comment. Poor cold teddy. Glad though, you got there before he used your credit card! Happy belated T Day.