Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Wood Bridge" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our last trip to the Audubon Larsen Wildlife Sanctuary about a month ago.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image, this time showing people sitting at a table with beverages. Teddy said to make sure Bleubeard, Elizabeth, and CJ see this photo. Teddy said the statue in the foreground is a "Maneki Neko," which is the "Japanese/Chinese Lucky Cat or Beckoning Cat." Teddy said he read about them in a post by CJ. Teddy said he wants one of these, but in a smaller size.
 © All Rights Reserved

The weather here in the Northeast US has a mind of its own, and has been somewhat unseasonably cold, with more to come. Tuesday here in southern Connecticut we will get rain mixed with a possible dusting to a half inch of snow, then the overnight temperature will plummet to 15 F (-9.44 C). On Wednesday during the day, the high will be 32 F (0 C) but the wind chill will make it feel like 0 F to 10 F (-17.7 C to -12.2 C) 5 F to 15 F (-15 C to -9.4 C). But upstate New York is forecast to get 7 to 11 3 to 5 inches of snow, so I'm not complaining.

If anyone is interested in trying Linux (instead of Microsoft bloatware Windows 10) , I've been adding Linux links to the side of my blog. You can try it in a VirtualBox on Windows first.

I made a postcard: Sewing.

I visited one of my usual haunts (no pun intended): Union Cemetery.

I also made a road trip to the land of Hic Sunt Draconis (here there be dragons), as CJ would say. Northeast Connecticut is called "the quiet corner" and until recently, I didn't know many/any of the town names there. I live in the southwest side of Connecticut, and while I am familiar with most of the towns along the entire shoreline, the quiet corner was an unknown black hole to me.

The area is beautiful, with a lot of new growth forest. Within those forests are remnants of history, with stone walls and cemeteries revealing past use of the land. Everywhere I went, I followed the golden rule of "Leave only footprints and take only photographs."

I saw a Cemetery in the Woods, Old Ashford Cemetery, which had gravestones dating back to the first half of the 1700s, and nearby Ashford Academy.

I made a brief stop at Eastford Grove Cemetery, took a few photos of St Philip-Apostle Church, and explored Snow Cemetery. I also saw snow on the ground in one place, which I did not like seeing.

That early evening back at home, there were clouds passing in front of the Moon, making for some moody photos.

Over the weekend, we watched the following movies:

movies:

Paranoia (2013) (DVD) good

Annihilation (2018) (DVD) good

The Bourne Identity (2002) (DVD) very good

Niagara (1953) (DVD) very good

comedy:

Drillbit Taylor (2008) (DVD) okay

Dinner for Schmucks (2010) (DVD) very good

horror:

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (2013) (DVD) very good

13 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Help!!! That is indeed unseasonably cold!!! I cry about 4C+ already (39F).
Hope Teddy can cope with it :-)
I admit, I´m a tad afraid using VirtualBox on my old PC, but will send Hubby the link, thank you!
"Dinner for Schmucks" sounds interesting.

Valerie-Jael said...

I hope Teddy is not getting too cold on that bridge! Looks like you have had a busy week and visited lots of places. Love the moon photos from the previous post, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I'd love to see that quiet part of CT. I grew up in Worcester and even though we weren't far from there, I never went to CT. I have since I grew up and moved away. Hmmm. Your bridge photos are beautiful. And stay warm, the cold is coming-again! Happy T day Anne. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Teddy sure gets allot of travels in-sounds like he is going to need a coat. we are 9 degrees f here this morning brrrr indeed-way too early here for this cold.
sounds like you visited some very interesting places this past week along with some movies. I would have enjoyed the those woods. Happy T-stay warm Kathy

Tom said...

...he would need his snowsuit here today.

CJ Kennedy said...

Thank Teddy for the picture of the Maneki Neko. The black ones are my favorite as they are for protection and to ward off evil spirits. For a brief moment looking at the black cat and thinking of Ink, I was distracted by the fact that Teddy was sitting a little too close to the edge of the bridge. Teddy do be careful! Glad you had a nice outing in Hic Sunt Draconis. I enjoyed seeing the cemetery and moon photos you took. More cold weather is on the way. Stay warm and Happy T Day.

Linda Kunsman said...

Teddy's gonna have to bundle up now with that cold- yikes!! It was 64 F here yesterday and is turning bitter cold with some light snow by tonight:(:(
Sounds like a fun time exploring areas of your state that weren't familiar-something we all should do. Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad Teddy's not having to pose in the snow. Brrr!!!

I loved the book Annihilation and was pleased with how the film turned out. I'm wondering if they'll adapt the other 2 books in that series. That author is one I like.

Happy T Tuesday!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wow, winter had arrived in your neck of the woods, Anne. Brrr, that's cold!

It sounds like you had a very interesting tour of the quiet corner of CT.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks quite happy on the bridge, but I bet that was before the absolute cold set in. Here it was 72 F on Sunday. I was wearing shorts and a sleeveless top. This morning I woke to 3 degrees F. There was ice everywhere, but at least I had put on warm night clothes before I went to sleep.

I absolutely LOVE that Neko cat. It's adorable. I would take a small one, about the size Teddy could hold in his paws.

I got all caught up reading about the Linux posts you gave us. I'm so glad I run Linux as my main computer. It is fast, has no bloat, and doesn't require Windows. I can't move my fingers like others, so moving the screens or scrolling with my hand is out of the question. That was another reason I didn't want Win10.

Thanks for sharing all you created this week, which I fear I am woefully behind seeing, your movies, and Teddy with his Neko cat and drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

Meggymay said...

I think you may have to get Teddy a warm coat to wear on his outings during the winter months. Lovely photos and post Anne
Belated T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

Oh yes, that is cold!
Just looking at that Neko cat. How amazing. I love it. (I had never seen one)
I really must look into Linux. Especially on my laptop which is struggling with Windows.
Tell Teddy he will have to grow his winter coat as it is getting so much colder. I don't suppose he hibernates, being a house Bear...
Sorry for being so late again. I'm never home on Tuesday and Wednesday is a very busy day, so usually I don't get to comment until Wednesday evening.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry to be so late - packing up our caravan is a bigger job than we thought! Teddy loves bridges doesn't he! Chrisx