Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, November 17, 2019

"Medieval Organ Music" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Take a Word challenge was "Music."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.12.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

Great classical organ piece:

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Best Version Ever) - Johann Sebastian Bach

11 comments:

junemac2 said...

Love this one my friend, Gimp is underestimated,Its a great program. Love what you have done with this vintage piece. Hugs June x

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm enjoying listening while I am looking at your wonderful art. What a lovely Sunday combination :)

CJ Kennedy said...

I like that moon faced angel singing along.

Tom said...

...I like the upward looking angel.

My name is Erika. said...

Am I guessing the organist isn't very talented or maybe it is out of tune? I am writing that because of the face looking upward. This is a fun piece. Hope you had a good weekend Anne. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

I think you have to come to Braunschweig.
At work I had Photoshop.
Now I have a very old program (PhotoStudio), I tried online tools...
I do have GIMP, or had it, but... help?

I learned playing the piano on a real Steinweg - the guy lived in my old hometown before going to America and calling himself Steinway.
Sadly the piano slowly dies, as my Brother does not take care. And yes, that was/is just a piano... But your card reminds me so much of the piano and the biggest festival in Northern Germany, the Sehusafest, in my old town.
The musketeers (my Bro here and so much more, roccoco, medieval, a journey through old times.
Thank you for the memories!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I picked up a brochure at the Getty Museum in CA several years ago that had that background on the front. This turned out GREAT and of course I was drawn to that music score.

Taluula said...

Very nicely done, Anne. Bravo.

Katrin said...

Real mediavial feeling in this piece! And I like organ music very mutch! :-)
Greetings Katrin

indybev said...

What a neat postcard, Anne. You and Gimp are a great pair!!!

Lori Saul said...

Another beautiful card and I love your new header as well Anne!