Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Painted Clay Pot - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

These are before and after photographs of the clay pot that I got and painted, to make it look more like a Christmas pot, for the small Christmas Cactus that I needed to replant.

I used the following on this pot:

Apple Barrel / Plaid - 20525 Berry Red (acrylic paint)
Apple Barrel / Plaid - 21981E Classic Caramel (satin acrylic paint) (looks sort of like gold)

Liquitex Professional Gloss Gel (gel medium)

I only did one coat of paint. I liked the weathered vintage look some of the underlying streaks of the original color gave it. I also didn't worry about perfection: if a little paint got onto areas where it wasn't supposed to be, I didn't let it bother me. (Usually I'm a perfectionist. With everything else going on right now, I eased up on myself, and ignored the minor mistakes.) Once the paint was dry, I did one coat of gloss on it, to make the colors stand out better. (I also liked how it looked with the matte paint colors, so I could've used a matte clear coat instead, but I decided to go with the glossy clear coat.)

The next step was to repot my root bound Christmas Cactus.

2 comments:

Tom said...

...what an improvement.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the colors you chose.