Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And A Healthy Winter Tea" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts for awhile.

In local news, as of March 7, 2020, two hospital employees who worked at three different hospitals in Fairfield County, Connecticut (Danbury Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, and Bridgeport Hospital) have tested positive for Covid-19 (coronavirus). Also as of March 7, 2020, our Governor said they "don't count" as Connecticut cases because they both live in New York, and it's business as usual at those three hospitals because according to them, when the employees were working at the hospitals, "the [employee] displayed no symptoms associated with COVID-19, and as a result — and this is very important — the [employee] contact here during that time does not constitute an exposure."

As of March 9, 2020, Saint Patrick's Day is apparently cancelled: "Coronavirus: Irish St Patrick's Day parades [Ireland] cancelled" "Greater New Haven St. Patrick’s Day Parade [Connecticut] postponed due to coronavirus concerns" but I'm not sure why Ireland and Connecticut took those steps, when, on March 3, 2020, UK Prince William [future UK King] thought it was funny to make jokes about 'Spreading Coronavirus' at Royal Engagement in Dublin, Ireland (sarcasm). I wonder if he has ever heard Princess Di is wearing a New Dress? And if he has, does he even understand what the lyrics mean?

Weather-wise, it has been a little cold, but the days are getting noticeably longer, which is nice.

I reformatted my blog so that most of my side bar links are now on Pages/Tabs, instead of my main page.

Postcards: Belly Dancer / Rust, Indian Elephant, Rhinoceros / Steampunk / Rust, Vintage Car Woman.
© All Rights Reserved

Movies:

Dr. No (1962) (DVD) James Bond Action - pretty good

From Russia with Love (1963) (DVD) James Bond Action - pretty good

Goldfinger (1964) (DVD) James Bond Action - pretty good

Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (1994) (Roku - Tubi TV - a few commercials) Comedy - very funny

Storm of the Century (TV Mini-Series 1999) (DVD) Drama, Fantasy, Horror - excellent

Changing Lanes (2002) (Roku - PopcornFlix - moderate number of commercials) Drama, Thriller - very good

The Thing Below (2004) (Roku - Tubi TV - a few commercials) Action, Adventure, Horror  - pretty bad, a "C" movie

Dark Was the Night (2014) (Roku - Tubi TV - a few commercials) Drama, Horror, Thriller - very good

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the rusty pieces you made. The corona-virus is everywhere just now, here, too, many things have been cancelled. Happy T Day to you and Teddy, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I like Teddy's healthy Winter tea. I think they would be healthy year round. Yesterday on the news I heard the Boston St. Patrick's Day was cancelled for this coming Sunday. Apparently, the Boston Marathon is still on. James Bond flicks good choices. Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I bragged to Valerie how happy I was that my internet hadn’t gone out due to the storms that raged through my area off and on yesterday. Seems I spoke too soon. I finally gave up and went to sleep.

Teddy knew the right tea to share this week. We all need to stay healthy in the wake of this virus.

NOW I understand why Harry and Meghan have left the Kingdom. Some of the $h#t William pulled when he made that dumb "joke/statement" may have showed the world part of the reason the no-longer Royals decided to break rank and make it on their own. I KNEW there was friction, I just didn't realize how dumb the prince actually was.

Depeche Mode's "New Dress" hits pretty close to home, too. The chorus sums up this upcoming election in my opinion. I am also concerned about your governor. Ours was more than likely in contact with Kathleen Sebelius, a previous governor, and former head of HHS under Obama. She took office just as the H1N1 virus outbreak began, so she has personal knowledge of how to contain this sort of thing. Both live in KS, where we got our first outbreak over the weekend. Thanks for your concerns and updates on this horrible virus that is taking over the world as we know it.

Thanks to Teddy, too for sharing this tea with us for T this Tuesday. Stay safe, warm, and comfy. Make sure Anne has plenty of fluids, washes her hands often, and has sanitizer available, too. It's too bad you can't wash your hands, so it's up to you to monitor others who live in your home.

Tom said...

...but spring is coming!

Mary said...

Teddy has the right idea with the healthy winter tea. Spring will be here before we know it! I have been enjoying soup every day for lunch lately and that seems like a healthy choice too.

Eileen Bergen said...

I like Teddy's healthy winter tea. We need to Keep Calm and Keep Safe - that's my take on a famous Churchchil quote.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

My name is Erika. said...

I hope it was a happy T day Anne. This is a good post with the Corona virus hitting so many place, healthy tea is just the thing. I hope you and Teddy both take care not to catch the virus. Hope you had lots of cups of healthy tea. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh teddy I love the names of these specialty teas:):) I want gorgeous please!
It's getting a bit more and more disconcerting each day regarding the corona virus- and it is no joke.
Enjoying the longer days too and the warmer ones in between. Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

We have a case in our county but the St. Patrick's Day parade is still on as scheduled. I wish they were more transparent about how cases are being identified and managed. It doesn't feel like there's any consistency at all nationally :( I will, as usual, be checking out your movies :) Happy T Day!

Lisca said...

It's good that Teddy is sticking to Winter tea. It ain't summer yet!
We have been lucky so far with the virus here in Andalucia. Only a few cases and they are on the coast far from where we live. I live in a village in a rural area, so fingers crossed.
Your postcards are beautiful, especially the rhino and the elephant.
Sorry for commenting so late. I'm not up to much at the moment.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs (from a distance as I have a cold)
Lisca