Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Daffodils - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took these photographs of some Daffodils in vases today. These were growing in my flower garden, but I decided to cut them and bring them inside, to have something cheerful to look at. Daffodils are one of the few flowers that Deer don't eat.

With each passing day now, the coronavirus / covid-19 news gets worse where I am in the United States. Having these beautiful flowers to look at lets me admire perfection in Nature, and provides some level of calming for me.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...one of the vest parts of spring.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh you have daffodils coming up? That is lovely and exciting. We are not there yet, and maybe some light snow tomorrow morning, and then warm and rain FRiday. What a fickle month March is. Then add this virus, holy cow. I think daffodils is one small good thing in this month of many not so stresses. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

These signs of spring are so beautiful (nice of the deer not eating them ;-)...)
I´ll have to brave up and go to the city soon. Hubby went to work and really... I think there is a lot of "wrong" panic.
If people used their brains we would go through this much faster... and easier.
And guess. Hubby sent me. He found out one shop gets... toilet paper. He brought in newspaper for in case not. Crazy!!! I will not use newspaper!!!

CJ Kennedy said...

Just beautiful.

Divers and Sundry said...

Delightful! They do make a cheerful sight :) The Plague isn't as bad here, but I'm staying in except for grocery trips. Better safe... and all that. I hope you'll stay well through it all :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I need to replant my daffs. They haven't bloomed in two years. I DO have hyacinths though. Unfortunately, they don't do well inside once cut. Yours are stunning and I agree, quite calming.