Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

"Belly Dancer / Rust" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Try It On Tuesday challenge was "Try A New Technique."

I tried this technique: Rust Backgrounds with Distress Oxides.

However, because my artwork is digital, I needed to recreate her end result using various colors and digital brushes. I wanted to make a background that looked like the one on the left: "These are both Vintage Photo following all the same steps except the example on the left is sprayed with a mixture of instant coffee instead of water. The tones are slightly deeper. "

But my rusty background end result was a disaster, and looked nothing like hers:
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.14.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

She is a fabulous image Anne and I like the rust effect a lot. Together they work to make a great postcard. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

i certainly wouldn't call it a disaster even if it doesn't look the same as the tutorial you used. This is beautiful Anne.

Tom said...

...I was expecting a rusty dancer.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

They both look similar to rust to me. It's hard to get faux rust using various products. I would think it would be almost impossible using digital brushes. I thought you did a good job.

Iris Flavia said...

Do we have "desaster-times"? LOL. Yours, though, is beautiful, mine was a true fail ;-)
And I remember one Christmas party at work. There was a belly dancer. She was awfully bad and boring! But, well. She was that bad I still remember that evening!
Also how our boss tried to get invisible for that desaster!

Conny said...

Wow, this is wonderful!

Hugs,
Conny

Natalia said...

Very pretty!

Rosie said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Anne.

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

CJ Kennedy said...

Your background is awesome. I think you captured a lot of the patina in the metal.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I think your rust background turned out really well-no need to copy something else-I know nothing about digital art but I like your piece-Happy wednesday Kathy

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful digital conversion there, Anne. Love the background idea, too - duly copied, pasted and printed to add to my fast growing pile of techniques to try! I like the idea of using diluted coffee instead of water, too - a real coffee stained background can't be beaten, lol, as long as you get to drink the coffee that's left!
Thank you for sharing your lovely artwork with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

Bill said...

It really looks great, Anne.

Joan said...

Love your rust background, great technique

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan