Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Connecticut Lock Down" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts for awhile.

United States covid-19 / coronavirus news: "well, that escalated quickly" "and so it begins" New York Quarantine Lock Down Began at 8 PM Sunday March 22, 2020 and Connecticut Quarantine Lock Down Began at 8 PM Monday March 23, 2020.

CT Lock Down: list of what is still open  which is based on:

CISA 16 Critical Infrastructure Sectors

Teddy told me I need to be Strong like a Lion, and Tough like a Rhinoceros during this coronavirus covid-19 crisis. (C3, pronounced C cubed, as Teddy is now calling it. That is also why this week he is posing with a rhinoceros teapot that I got a few years ago.)

© All Rights Reserved

For me here in Connecticut US, over the past week, starting on Monday or Tuesday (March 17, 2020), each day felt like it was 48 hours long, due to the escalating covid-19 / coronavirus situation here in the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area. By Friday (March 20, 2020), Saint Patrick's Day felt like it had been one week prior, even though it was a mere three days before.

For those not familiar with the geography of this area, if you drew a circle with the center point in Manhattan, New York, with a radius of about 45 miles (72.4 km), you would have parts of New Jersey (NJ) and Connecticut (CT) in that circle. Many people commute from NJ and CT into New York City to work, via automobile or train. Others commute from within New York (NY) to NJ or CT. Make the radius a little bigger (farther), and now you also include parts of Pennsylvania (PA) in the circle.

My T post two weeks ago first mentioned the local covid-19 / coronavirus news, last week's T post mentioned it again, and today, only two weeks after my first mention of it, several US states have gone into Lock Down, including Connecticut. (I scheduled this post on Monday, before the Lock Down here went into effect, so I won't be able to tell you what it's like until next week, but I do have some information about what it entails written below.)

Something I re-tell myself, when I start to worry, is my own saying that I came up with. Both it and a saying that CJ told me are now posted at the top of my blog page:

Me worrying about things over which I have no control will not change what is going to happen, so it's not helpful. =>
Don't borrow trouble: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~ Matthew 6:34

During the Lock Down, essential businesses / services will remain in operation. So some people will still be commuting to and from their jobs. Grocery stores will remain open, so we can still go to them to get food, etc. But everyone is supposed to limit their travel to only what is essential. I don't know if everyone is going to comply with that, though, so things could "get ugly" if they don't. (Just my opinion, and I won't spell out what I mean by that term.)

An important thing for people with pets to know: veterinarians are essential, so they will remain open during the Lock Down. (But if you have to go, many / all here are saying you can't come in: they will come out to get your pet from your vehicle, they'll go inside with it, then bring it back out when they're done.)

Another important thing for people with pets to know (if you choose to ignore the rules and do whatever you feel like), is this message from one veterinarian here in CT: "Please also note that we recommend you apply social distancing practices to your pets as well. This is not a good time for them to get sick!" A few days ago, there were news reports of people here in CT taking their children and/or dogs out and ignoring the social distancing rules.

Speaking of animals, zoos and rehabilitation sites are enacting contingency plans, so that those animals still get care, too:

Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, CT had closed effective March 17, 2020, with a plan in place for continued "essential animal care".

March 22, 2020: Ansonia [CT] Nature Center’s permanent residents [animals] moved to temporary homes: "All [of the animals except for] the three owls are going to the homes of the center’s staff and a volunteer. The owls will be housed temporarily at a Killingworth bird aviary [Birds of Prey Rehabilitation Center - Killingworth CT]."

As of Monday morning (March 23, 2020), "Connecticut State Parks and Forests are open for solitary outdoor enjoyment. If you plan to visit a park, it should be for solitary recreation, not group activities." Hopefully "bad apples" don't ignore that requirement, and ruin it for the rest of us, because then CT will probably close them. Already, towns are closing their local parks and beaches (if they have them), so the only places left will be the state ones.

CT State Parks and Forests Covid-19 Updates  (see my Local tab/page for more links)

Saint Patrick's Day artwork (it feels like it was two weeks ago, not one week ago): Ireland Green Woman, Saint Patrick's Day Ireland.

Other artwork: Cigar Labels.

Indoor flower photos:  Saint Patrick's Day Green Flowers, Daffodils and more Daffodils.

Movies:

Double Indemnity (1944) (DVD) - excellent, a classic film-noir

Strange Illusion (1945)  - pretty good

You Only Live Twice (1967) (DVD) James Bond Action - pretty good

Diamonds Are Forever (1971) (DVD) James Bond Action - pretty good

(Roku - Tubi TV - a few commercials) movies:

The Woman in Green (1945) Sherlock Holmes mystery - very good

The Gate (1987) Fantasy, Horror - pretty good

Riding the Bullet (2004) Horror, Thriller - good

The Six Wives of Henry Lefay (2009)  Comedy - pretty funny

The Fields (2011) - Thought it was a horror - okay, but not a horror, so I wouldn't have watched it had I known that

17 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

That looks like some grumpy rhino! It sure is strong.
Crazy thing here: Trams and busses still run.
The vet has closed, though. You can call them in case you need them, certainly.
Let´s hope the crazy times are over soon, let´s have a tea, in this: Happy T-day to you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, hard times are coming, and it will take some time before it gets better. The Lock Down is necessary, and I hope you and Teddy stay strong and healthy. Enjoy your films. I've been reading lots. Hppy T Day, Valerie

Mary said...

I am getting a lot of quilting and other creative projects done! I am high risk and have been isolating for 2 weeks already. I have an Excel spreadsheet with about 35 line items that lists all my projects with their priority, category, status, and some notes. I try to work on one project in the morning and another one in the afternoon. Keeping busy with something fun really helps! I do miss seeing my little grandson (age 13 months) who lives nearby but we have been doing video chats.

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy is very wise and the rhino teapot is so unusual. Massachusetts is not on lockdown, but a Stay At Home Advisory which goes into effect at noon today. Essential places like grocery stores and pharmacies still open. Non-essential businesses to shut down and workers to work from home if possible. The advisory is in effect until 4/7. Out of your movie list, Double Indemnity is a really good one. Take care, and thanks for the mention. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

Love the rhino keeping Teddy company today! We have now been told to stay at home too with only essential services and shops open 😊. Me and hubby are ok with that and keeping positive! Glad to see your film reviews, James Bond is always a good choice 😀. Take care and sending Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

I love the rhino teapot and so appropriate at the moment.
Loved the quote and so true I am feeling more calm today-I was all set to go out food shopping when a huge t storm rolled in so I guess I will go tomorrow instead now.
Happy T hugs stay safe

My name is Erika. said...

That is a cool teapot! I think we all need something tough and strong right now. We got about 4 inches of snow here but with this warm sun today I am hoping most of it melts. Hope-hope-hope. March is such a crazy tease. Keep washing those hands Anne. And happy T day to you. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

Stay strong! We in PA aren't part of the lockdown-yet. But I do think it's coming:( Good thing I have plenty of pantry, household goods stocked up from last month before any of this virus epidemic came out. There's always something to do around the house to keep busy, and there are lots of good movies available to watch too. Happy T day!

Bill said...

Teddy is looking strong with his rhino friend. :)
Stay safe, Stay healthly!

Divers and Sundry said...

We're under a shelter-in-place order with only essential services open, but they've declared office supply stores and lawn care services "essential" What's with that?! Our order starts at midnight tonight and lasts 2 weeks, but may be extended. It's dreary/gray/drizzly rain here, so I'm not tempted to go anywhere.

Double Indemnity! That's worth re-watching.

Stay well. I'm wondering how this'll end. You see, it may be I've read/seen too many post-apocalyptic books/films ;)

Happy T Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that teapot. I noticed it even before you shared what it was. Took me a minute, but I knew Teddy wouldn't let us down. Your lion art is wonderful too.

I don't think I've seen any of those movies, but I'm not much of a movie watcher. I can't seem to get onto YouTube, either.

Thanks beyond belief for sharing your week with us, the COVID-19 scare, and the lockdown you are experiencing, along with your teapot with us for T this Tuesday.

I noticed the comment you left on my T post. I said you don't need SUN and you don't need HEAT to make sun tea. You must have thought I meant I had no heat. That is NOT the case. Apparently, I didn't make myself clear because I have plenty of heat, lots of blankets, and warm furry bodies to snuggle with. BTW, my fur babies don't go outside, so they won't catch the virus, at least I won't let anyone else in. I spray everything that comes into my home, so I hope I'm not vulnerable either.

Meggymay said...

Thats a super teapot Teddy is sharing today Anne and I enjoyed reading it as well.
It seems most of our countries are acting in a similar manner to try to stop the spread of the virus.
Stay safe and well and Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Eileen Bergen said...

It's a struggle not to think about the virus all day long, espcially if you're the kind of active person who needs to be out and about most days. It's no challenge for my hubby, who hardy ever goes out. But for me, phew! Thank goodness, my yoga studio has gone online, our pantry is stocked, I can lose myself in art for periods of time and I still have the T-group. Hang in there, Anne. One way or another, we'll get through this.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

P.S. I worked/studied in Newark NJ and Wall Street while living in the Morristown NJ area for 25 years. My heart goes out to all there. You've been through horrible times since we left.

Halle said...

Thanks for sharing teddy with us again. I think I have a few movies in store for me this week as well.

Lisca said...

Love the rhino teapot. Luckily social distancing does not apply to teddybears.
Yes, we know all about lockdowns. Here in Spain they are very severe about it. No walk in the park for us. But as you rightly say, it's no use getting stressed about things we have no control over! (so I don't). We are all in the same boat worldwide.

Thank you for helping me with my geography, That was helpful.
Stay safe dear friend,
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well Teddy, that Rhino is almost as big as you - don't try to lift it will you?
Theses are certainly strange days for all of us.
We are in self isolation and lucky enough to have got online shopping to be delivered on a couple of weeks with my youngest offering to do an in between shop for us - I think over the weeks, (there are eleven and a half left) there may be other ways of getting food delivered - we shall just have to wait and see!
We are thinking that we will watch some James Bond movies soon.
Take care, Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

Well, I think Teddy looks strong with his rhino friend.
Sending my good wishes.
Stay safe and stay well.

All the best Jan