Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Trump Coronavirus Guidelines Postcard Mailer - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This postcard arrived in my mail today, here in Fairfield County, Connecticut. You know, one of those "developing “hot spots” [in] New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut" that Trump both tweeted and stated he was "giving consideration" to quarantining on March 28, 2020. Note that the date on Trump's coronavirus covid-19 guidelines postcard is March 16, 2020, yet it didn't arrive in the mail until today, March 31, 2020. So either it took two weeks to get here, or Trump didn't decide to mail it until recently. I'll go with the latter explanation.

And in case anyone thinks my negative opinion of Trump is because of my political leanings, you would be wrong. I have viewpoints that remain consistent and don't change 180 degrees when the political party of the US President changes, which is more than I can say for many of the members of Congress in both political parties.

On March 28, 2020, Trump attempted to usurp the power of State Governors in the United States, and his actions affected me directly. Fortunately, New York Governor Cuomo publicly challenged him on it, and he was forced to back down.

4 comments:

Tom said...

...every morning Donny sticks his finger up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing and then makes a stupid decision. The best Covid-19 mast what be duct tape over his mouth. I thank God every day that Cuomo is the Governor of my GREAT state, he is what REAL leadership looks and acts like!!!

CJ Kennedy said...

I was at the post office this morning and didn't find this bit of TP in my mailbox. Too bad, it might have come in handy. 😺

kathyinozarks said...

I had to comment-sort of a no comment though-I totally stopped watching any news media period I only watch what is live-my opinion is he has done a good job-nothing was in place to handle this situation so he and his team have written as this goes on and will be there for a future President. things don't happen over nite as so many seem to want it to happen. many on left want him to use the war powers take total federal control (what a nightmare that would be if a far left President was in power now) no he is running this as it should be run-governors take care of their states with federal guidelines and the medical guidelines and governors pass it down to county-and city-I do not believe at all that he would take power away from the states-which many on the left has been pushing him to do.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I fear Kathy and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not for Federal control. I'm for a NATIONAL LOCKDOWN. I don't care who does it, whether it's all the state governors or the pres., but it really MUST be done before the curve is going to flatten. PERIOD. Until that happens, people are going to move between states or counties with no recourse.

It is MY belief the Pentagon should be put in charge of moving medical equipment and supplies where needed. The states don't have the capacity to decide where to send excess equipment or where they can go to get help. They just know they are bidding against each other AND FEMA. Governors can ask all day long, and those on both sides of the aisle will still not get what they need.

Sorry Anne. Off my soapbox. I just hope you approve this message because in my opinion, Kathy is following the pie-in-the-sky attitude Trump has been selling the nation, when she SHOULD have been listening to Fauci and Birx.