Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, February 18, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy With A Meal Voucher" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Recently Teddy volunteered to start getting the mail out of the mailbox for me. I didn't suspect he had an ulterior motive. Then Teddy told me we had received a voucher for a free meal up to $50. I told Teddy that sounded too good to be true. He handed me the postcard that came in the mail, addressed to me, but which he had opened (in violation of Federal laws ;-). At face value, it appeared Teddy was correct. Then I noticed the fine print: $50 off a meal that cost at least $100. Teddy was disappointed when I broke the news to him, and said he considered this mailing to be somewhat deceptive. I couldn't disagree with him on that point. But Teddy learned an important lesson: all that glitters is not gold.

Teddy said despite his lesson learned, he liked his photos with the voucher, and didn't want to pose with a drink, so he said I needed to create an artwork piece as our ticket into the T-Day gathering again. So I went in search of tea, found a teapot, and created this.




Tuesday and Tuesday night (Feb 12) we had another snow storm: snow, sleet, then freezing rain. Teddy helped me shovel the driveway Wednesday morning (Feb 13). The snow was water logged so it was like shoveling cement. Our feet got wet again because our boots are no longer water proof, and the stores already sold out their winter inventory, so we couldn't find a new pair for this season.

Thursday was Valentine's Day and I posted some artwork that I made for it.




I made more story people collage artwork. And this week's Sunday Postcard Art theme was "masquerade" so I created this for it.




On Saturday, we watched Unearthly Stranger (1963), which another blogger had mentioned (I don't remember who). If you like science fiction movies, I recommend seeing it. We finished up our weekend by watching D.O.A. (1949) on Sunday. If you like classic old movies, I recommend seeing it.


Feb 19 follow up note: After seeing Elizabeth's comment, I took another look at the photo of the voucher, and spotted the glass of wine. I asked Teddy if he knew that was on there, and he just turned away, without answering. So I suspect she may be right, about Teddy trying to make more work for me. :-)

19 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

sometimes I wonder about some of those offerings that come in the mail-they usually go through the shredder right away lol
great postcard art
we have another snow and ice event coming in tomorrow early evening. allot of up and down weather going on here for us this month.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh yes, those "too good to be true" offers...
lovely postcard art! Happy T day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art, happy T day again! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Such a shame that Teddy was getting excited about the meal then you noticed the rest of the price you had to pay. These scams are so annoying I think.

Loved the artwork this week Anne and saw them in the original posts.

The snow sounds awful and I can imagine it will be very heavy to try to move it.

Have a very happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

i wish the photos would enlarge to see them better. happy t-day with greeting to teddy!

Meggymay said...

I'm pleased that Teddy learn't that things that come through the post are not always what they seem, no matter which country you live in, we all get them.
Your art projects this week have been fantastic.
Happy T day wishes Anne
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy, you didn't look closely enough at that worthless coupon. Right on the inside left (your right paw) was a glass of wine, which would definitely have qualified you for T this week. I think you were just trying to give Anne more work (grin).

I promise to catch up when I have more time, but for now, I will just say, I hope you learned that there is always a hidden reason for such a large voucher. I bet Anne would be required to show identification, too. Aren't you glad she decided not to use it?

One thing I can say, thanks for sharing your cute self and your drink with us for T this Tuesday. I'm loving how you often take over the conversation, and it gives Bleubeard hope I'll let him narrate a post one of these days, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention how sweet of Teddy to help with the snow. We had ice that still hasn't melted and are apt to get up to 5 inches of snow today and tonight. If it even begins to melt today, we will have an ice/snow/ice sandwich.

froebelsternchen said...

At least Teddy learnt something! Lol!
Happy T-Day -

Gorgeous postcards!

Happy T-Day dear Anne!

CJ Kennedy said...

Poor Teddy. At least he has cool images to use in his artwork. Good that you had help shoveling the driveway. You can still get winter boots at LL. Bean. I think they carry them year round. Nuisance snow yesterday, I could have used Teddy's help. Poor communication between me and the fella who I hired to clear the driveway. I did most of the driveway as I was worried the slush at the end of the drive would freeze and Himself needed to be out early to get to class. Another snow/sleet/rain event for Wed-Thurs. Hope this is the last one. Happy T Day

Eileen Bergen said...

That's a good lesson Teddy learned this week, Anne. I bet he also learned to always read the fine print ;-)

Wonderful story people art. I love the Medieval themed pieces you linked to.

I'm confused on something. You have a lot of copyright notices on your site but you say you use images from Internet search. Unless you're buying stock photos or using old images (pre-1907?), doesn't someone hold the copyright?

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Divers and Sundry said...

We're getting rain, rain, and more rain, but I guess I'll take it over snow, sleet, and freezing rain. A movie sounds good, as always :) and I've seen both of the ones you mention. Good choices, but I think I'm in the mood for a new-to-me movie. I'll wander through my bookmarks and see what's there.

Happy T Tuesday! I trust you and Teddy will stay warm and dry :)

Lisca said...

That was a rather misleading offer, I'm glad you read the small print before setting out. I don't suppose Teddy can read, can he? But he is such a good bear in helping you shovel the mushy snow.
What a pain when your boots arent waterproof anymore. Can't you get a spray to waterproof them? Just as a measure until you can buy new ones?
I love your artwork, especially the 'masquerade' postcard.
I haven't seen any of the films youmention. Hmmm, interesting...
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Lois said...

It seems there is always a catch. I love all of your artwork!

Let's Art Journal said...

You never get anything for free these days ...lol 😉. Your T Day art and cards are beautiful! Happy T Day wishes! J 😊 x

Kate Yetter said...

Yes, always read the fine print. I really dislike how deceptive businesses have become just to make money.
Your postcard art is lovely.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

Poor Teddy -lesson learnt!! We get vouchers off for bills at supermarkets but they expect you to spend far more than we spend on groceries mostly, although we have had some good offers! Love the artwork! Happy T Day! Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Boy that is deceptive mail. I am glad Teddy learned his lesson. Too bad it wasn't something good and real to use. Hope it was a great T day Anne. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

I love your teddy and teddy stories every week! Happy T Day!