Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

"Woman Yellow Dress" - Moo

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Moo Mania challenge was "Women."

This is my third entry, and another moo (instead of my usual postcard artwork). I forgot how fun a moo size is. I haven't made any since 2015.

I used some Photoshop Powder brushes from Deviantart in the background of this, so I'm also using it as my second entry at Try it on Tuesday where the challenge was "Powder your..."

Lately most of my public domain images have been coming from archive.org, but I also use the Library of Congress and the New York Public Library, as well as other sites.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.8.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

15 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

nice image

Rosie said...

An amazing piece, Anne

Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE again

CJ Kennedy said...

Your woman would be perfect as the logo for the Roman feast of the Lupercalia celebrated on Feb. 15.

As to cats, Ginnette aka Kitty and Mitty were both very affectionate. Kitty was more like a dog. He (I didn't get to name him and the person who did thought he was a female) would sit on the front steps and wait for me to get off the bus and walk up the street. When he saw me, he would run to greet me. Mitty came from a shelter and I think was so grateful to be out of there. He brought me a decapitated mole every.single.morning. He also would stretch up and put his paws on the back pockets of my jeans when he wanted to be picked up and cuddled. Ink was taken from his mother a little too early so he wasn't well socialized. He had 2 times during the day when he wanted attention 4:30 AM and 11 PM. As he got older, he became more affectionate and would follow me from room to room wherever I was working or hanging out. He also cried if I left the house. I'm still crying that he left as I had him for 19 years.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful, Anne. The entire piece is amazing and those little moos are always fun, but SO tiny.

I also have the Library of Congress and NY Public Library listed on my site for freebies. Great minds and all. So glad you also shared this with Try it on Tuesday as another example that powders can be made from brushes, too.

froebelsternchen said...

This is GORGEOUS Anne! Thank you very much for joining us at Moo Mania & More as well as at Try It On Tuesday again! Much appreciated!
Big hugs,
Susi

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Anne, never made one of these but they look really nice and something I think would be fun to make. I may have to google these and find out more. Have a lovely woyww, Angela xXx

Meggymay said...

I am really liking your fantastic art using the Powder brushes Anne. This one looks beautiful. Thank you for linking again with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I like this lady in her yellow dress. I don't know is she is half listening to someone or if she dreaming by the looks in her eyes. Hugs-Erika

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

So beautiful, I love it!
Anja XOX

craftytrog said...

She's beautiful Anne! Xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Lovely woman and image. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead!

Heike said...

Wow, what a beautiful moo.
Heike

Conny said...

Really beautiful!

Hugs,
Conny

Caty said...

This is so Wonderful Anne !! This woman with yellow dress is beautiful, and the photoshop powder brushes looks lovely. Great !
I want to thank you very much for visiting my blog and your kind comment.
I like your postacards and your photographs, they are amazing !
I wish you a very nice weekend
Big hugs, Caty

sirkkis said...

Your moo-size lady is lovely.