Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

"Love is in the Air" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Moo Mania challenge was "Love is in the Air."

I went a little outside my standard art style comfort zone on this one, but I felt that the whimsical woman needed an equivalent style surrounding her.

Per a good suggestion from a fellow blogger, I've decided to enter this at this week's Try It On Tuesday challenge of "Romance."

And if you like classical music, you might enjoy this piece by a fantastic but lesser known composer: Vasily Kalinnikov - Symphony No. 1. Sadly he didn't live long (~1866 to ~1901) or else we may have had more great symphonies composed by him. (This one is nice also: Vasily Kalinnikov - Symphony No. 2)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.8.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

15 comments:

Tom said...

..."Love is in the Air," yep it's that time of year!

Words and Pictures said...

I think this whimsical piece is great - such a sense of swirling movement. You've done the woman proud!
Alison x

Rosie said...

Oooh, Anne, this is a beautiful project.

Thank you so much for sharing it on MOO MANIA & MORE

froebelsternchen said...

Just so beautiful Anne! I love this collage - so much detail!
Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More!
Big hugs, Susi

sheila 77 said...

This is really lovely and you have made everything go together so well in this collage. I like the colours combinations you have used too.

Conny said...

This is brilliant! Very cool!

My name is Erika. said...

Very cool postcard Anne. I like the 1920's, art nouveau feel it has. You should also link it up to Try It On Tuesday. Hugs, Erika

Small City Scenes said...

I am making Valentines this year----well I make them every year---I love to use vintage women
MB

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love her hat. She is a real stunner, Anne. This is actually amazing.

Maybe you can give me lessons on Gimp, because I can't even find the crop tool! Sorry I'm so late visiting. Seems to be the story of my life lately.

froebelsternchen said...

Me again Anne! GORGEOUS! Thank you very much for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday ! oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous postcard Anne with great design detail. Thank you for linking this to our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful page, Anne. You're a wizard with Gimp! I love the composition. Eileen xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this Anne! Another fabulous entry for Try it on Tuesday, so pleased you joined us again! Hugs, Chrisx

Michele said...

this is lovely, happy valentine's day! xo

EricaSta said...

Eine wundervolle Umsetzung für MooMania!
Liebe Grüßle von Heidrun