Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Mergansers - Photograph

 © All Rights Reserved
 © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took these photographs at Pine Creek Marsh in Fairfield, CT this past week.

Sometimes I get the perfect snapshot, and this was one of those times. I couldn't have asked for anything better had these Mergansers posed for me. I love these birds, but I haven't photographed them in awhile. Despite the bitter cold of winter when even ice forms in the salt water, these birds remain, and don't migrate south. But they are skittish. As soon as they heard me approaching, they swam away. I rushed to take my photos, but somehow I managed to get a few good ones of them. I think these are Red-breasted Mergansers, but I could be wrong.

The first photograph is my entry for the following:

I'd Rather Be Birding
Camera Critters
Saturday's Critters
Wild Bird Wednesday

14 comments:

Jeanne said...

these birds are beautiful with their distinctive head crest feathers and red beak they look like royalty!

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful Mergansers Anni.

My name is Erika. said...

Great photos Anne. Today I saw a flock of bluebirds (a first for me) as well as a flock of robins. I guess they are enjoying this beautiful, although almost gone, spring weather. I love seeing all the birds photos you have posted. Hugs-Erika

Irma said...

Beautiful pictures of the Mergansers.
Best regards Irma

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous photos!

Rhodesia said...

Lovely photos well done. Have a good week Diane

Penelope Notes said...

These birds with their upturned beaks are, indeed, adorable ... and hardy with their warm feathers. Glad you're sharing your birding world. :)

Tanza Erlambang said...

awesome photos...
have a great day

Phil Slade said...

I'm a fan of Red-breasted Mergansers too. But I can not usually get near them. Sometimes, birds are better if they are truly wild, even if we can't photograph them.

NatureFootstep said...

one of my favorite birds but I rarely see them. They tend to be at the coast and I live inland. Nice to see your shots.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great captures of the Mergansers. They are one of my favorites.
Thanks so much for linking up your post. So sorry I am late commenting, I was away. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

Anni said...

How I love these birds!! And such great photos. If I'm not mistaken, your pictures show their personality perfectly!

Thanks so much for sharing this post with us at I'd Rather B Birdin this week.

Germán Ibarra Zorrilla said...

Precioso reportaje, me han gustado mucho todas las fotos. Saludos desde España.

Stewart M said...

Very nice birds - we don't have any of this sort of duck in Australia, so I only see them in the feather if I get to travel.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne