Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Live Deliciously" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Teddy said we have to live vicariously through magazine images like the one he is posing with, because we still aren't dining out. Here in Connecticut (US), face masks are required, which we understand the requirement for, but that isn't our idea of a pleasant way to spend time inside a restaurant.

I'm happy to report that my cat continues to improve:

© All Rights Reserved

He's doing well enough that I felt okay leaving him home alone for a short period of time while I went out to take photos.

 © All Rights Reserved

Which also brings up an "incident" that happened, that Teddy and I are in disagreement over what actually happened. Teddy claims that I almost let a Hawk carry him away while I was "busy" taking photos, and "not paying attention" to our surroundings. He said the aggressive stance taken by a group of Canadian Geese should have alerted me to Teddy's imminent danger from the incoming raptor, which landed on the nearby swing set:

© All Rights Reserved

I told Teddy that's not what I recall happening. When we got to the park, Teddy complained loudly that the swings had been removed from the swing set that he had posed on back in July 2019. Teddy refused to get out of the car and told me to leave the keys with him, while I got out to take photographs. When the Red-tailed Hawk landed, Teddy was safely inside the car with the windows rolled up, the radio and air conditioner blasting, and was never in any danger.

In weather news, despite the rain we got this past week, we are still in a D0 drought. 83.77% of Connecticut is now in a D0 or higher drought, when last week it was 62.41% of CT. (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut) At least the rain we got was enough to revive my forsythia bushes (and other plants and trees).

24 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Same here. Pizza testing on TV and I craved Pizza! Hubby said, no, not with the mask, giving your address and all (sadly they don´t deliver).
Playgrounds, I think, are open again.
YAY for your cat! Happy T-day!

Tom said...

...good morning Teddy!

Mary said...

Looks like Teddy has the right idea! I have been getting creative in the kitchen and my favorite lately is potato vegetable casserole. I chop up whatever vegetables I have on hand, add cut up ham or meatballs, sprinkle with basil and thyme, then drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 350 F for about 1 hour 15 minutes and you have a restaurant worthy dish!

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy looks great, as always. Glad your cat is so much better. Great photos, too. Take care, happy T Day, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Ah, Teddy, sometimes we have to live vicariously with the epic stories in our heads. 😺 We've done take out, but haven't eaten inside a restaurant yet. Haven't eaten outside either. Massachusetts had rain every day last week, some heavy downpours in some areas, and still not enough to be out of the drought. Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

that's pretty crazy to have to wear a mask while eating? absurd. here they limit the people in a resturant and the tables are set the 6 feet apart or they have plastic hanging between all the tables
Glad your kitty is getting better-hugs Happy T

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Meggymay said...

I think Teddy sounds like he was a bit scared in the park. Still he displayed the magazine for you and you must have come to an agreement om what happened. Some restaurants are opening here as well, not that I want to go out and visit any just yet.
Happy T day wishes Anne.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

Glad to know teddy was safe and sound away from the hawk. great photos! We won't go out to eat yet either- esp. with the required masks. Glad your cat keeps improving:) Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm with Teddy: "vicarious" is the way to go. But I do long for a future when restaurants will be a pleasure and not a gauntlet to run :( I'm happy your cat continues to improve. Hoorah! Ah, Teddy ... Maybe there's a virtue is livening things up with some exciting outing stories ;) and "I saw a hawk from the car" isn't nearly as exciting as his story is lol

Happy T Tuesday!

Mae Travels said...

Teddy certainly is very demanding!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Now I'm not surprised at all how Teddy reacted about the bird. Bears may look tough but deep down they are quite nervous characters and also have great imaginations which can be their downfall at times as it encourages their fear to become even worse. He will need a great deal of reassurance if you are to take him out again and maybe a protective suit, goggles and a whistle for him to blow if he feels his life is in danger. Give him a hug from me xXx.

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to hear that your cat is recovering well, he looks very comfy and handsome lounging on the bed 🐱. So lovely to see Teddy too and wow, your photos are so amazing! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Halle said...

Glad to hear kitty is doing better. She reminds me of our old cat...very similar markings.
Happy T day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Always good to see Teddy, he looks great!
So pleased to read that your cat is a lot better.
A very nice collection of photographs too - thank you.

All the best Jan

Sharon Madson said...

I was not aware of what happened to your kitty, but glad to hear he is doing well. I have missed teddy! :) I always love reading about teddy's adventures, and glad he wasn't in any real danger. Happy t Day to the both of you.

Jeanie said...

Poor Teddy! I'm glad he was quite all right in the end!

And three cheers on your cat, who looks very handsome on those buffalo checks.

My name is Erika. said...

Well I am glad the hawk didn't get Teddy, whether he was really going to be captured or not. You got a good photo of the culprit. I can see why Teddy might be scared. It is such a nice photo. Glad you got out a bit too. And that's a lot of food Teddy is showing us this week. Hope it was a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm finally back online. Thanks for joining this week's T party. Next week we will use Inlinkz because you can remove your link and start over again if you make a mistake Be sure to use ONLY your name in the "caption" and not your blog post, please.

I had to laugh at Teddy. I have taken youngsters places and we send postcards afterwards. It's like we each took a totally different trip. Teddy's account may be like I am with this virus. If I can imagine it could happen, it probably will. That's why I don't leave my property. BTW, I got my DL last week. First time off my property since March 15. Heard on the news yesterday that one of the staff workers now has the virus. I interacted with several people and one woman, a supervisor who helped me, didn't wear a mask. Paranoid, but . . . . I can relate to Teddy's anxiety.

So glad Teddy is sharing his idea of a meal and drink. Dreaming of days ahead, but nothing till this virus is gone.

Also, it's great your kitty is doing so much better, too. Those high risk surgeries are scary, especially when they make you sign a waver. Thanks for sharing photos and Teddy for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

Lisca said...

I'm glad your cat is improving. He is looking very fine and regal there on the bed/sofa.
I can understand Teddy telling the story his way. He probably didn't want to admit that he didn't want to leave the car as he doesn't like to wear a mask....
I am also longing for the days when we can go to a restaurant and eat normally.
Have a good week,
Lisca

Karen said...

That hawk picture is beautiful (sorry teddy) glad to hear your cat is improving ~ Blessings on your week

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading your post. So glad your cat is on the mend.....Adorable Teddy and there will be payback with the Hawk incident, which I suspect he won't let you forget! x. Thank you for stopping by my blog x

Eileen Bergen said...

Your cat looks lovely, Anne. I'm glad he continues to improve. He looks quite comfy there.

We're getting heavy rain right now. The patio roof is leaking like a sieve. I eish I could send you some.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

pearshapedcrafting said...

Poor Teddy! I know it's difficult to wait but we have already heard that four places that opened last Saturday have had to close down again because of customers who now have COVID! One of our favourite places has now opened - it is at the garden centre we like too, and I know it very spacious already, but we are still hanging on! My recipe book that we bough-and the one my son bought - are still coming up with some different flavours for us to try so that will do for now! Pleased to see that Cat is getting better - he looks happy there!
As for that beautiful hawk, I'm sure Teddy was safe but a bear's imagination is probably much different to humans!!
By the way in your comment on my blog you expressed surprise at seeing the deer - I should have explained that the Winter Gardens are gated and away from the rest of the sprawling park...maybe we should take a walk there another time, there are lots of deer roaming but also lots of folk wandering around too. We opted for the one way garden as being a safer bet and as we are NT members it is free as is the rest of the park for everyone else. We also get free parking where other folk have to pay!
Hope you have a lovely week, Belated T Day Wishes, Chrisx