Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, July 11, 2020

"Middle Ages Fleur De Lis" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Middle Ages."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.18.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful and the colors are so lovely, too. Fleur de Lis is one of my favorite symbols. I even created an entire scrappy journal with that theme. That may be what drew me to this postcard.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like that color palette.

Tom said...

...Fleur De Lis iaa beautiful design.

Iris Flavia said...

I might be wrong but I think I´ve seen this in my parent´s house (in my defense... I moved out at age 17 and am 48 years old).
Need to have a look when visiting my Brother. Oh, "Corinna", hello... haha.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great background. Well
Postcard. Isn’t it funny how we each see things differently depending on what we like to do with things? Happy weekend. Hugs Erika

Sabine said...

beautiful postcard, thanks for joining this challenge

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The Fleur de Lis is a widely-used and very familiar motif in Canada being on the flag of the Province of Québec. So, for me, whenever I see it everything seems very gallic! Many years ago I lived in Québec City, and my daughter was born there in fact. Now she lives in Ottawa, our nation's capital right across from Gatineau, so we usually go over to the Québec side when we visit her.

Deann said...

Beautiful layering and colors great work.

Lori Saul said...

Gorgeous color work here- - lovely card Anne!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your choice of colours here.

All the best Jan

Mary M. said...

This is a beautiful take on the challenge. I love the color palette.

Divers and Sundry said...

The purple and gold were gorgeous choices for this.