Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Yellow Ground Cover Flowers" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

I used the back corner area of my yard as the backdrop for Teddy posing in a lawn chair with my his (ahem) tea mug. I'm not sure what type of plant this is, but it's a spreading ground cover that has yellow flowers. If anyone knows what it is, please let me know. These grow in Connecticut US in zone 6.

For whatever reason, but partially due to the covid-19 Lock Down, one of my new goals is to make 2020 "the year I regained control of the flower beds." (I hope I didn't just jinx myself, by announcing that publicly. I'm inspiring myself to keep going by telling myself, "Rome wasn't built in a day.") Over the years, weeds / vines / etc. took over my flower beds, so I've been clearing them out. It's a lot of work, and I'm not done yet. Here is sort of a teaser / preview:

© All Rights Reserved

I love all things celestial, especially the moon. That is one of my crescent moon garden stakes. The ball glows in the dark. Teddy claims he is the one doing all of the work, while I sit in the lawn chair barking orders at him (ahem).

I also noticed these flowering trees / bushes this year, although they've been growing in my yard for years. The flowers have a pleasant, delicate scent, and attract bees and birds. They're growing in the back and side edges of my property, and are a black chokeberry tree / bush.

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

Artwork and photography:

artwork: Pastel Steampunk and Pastel Steampunk Fragment 2

photographs: Crescent Moon Garden Stake, White Flowers Black Chokeberry Tree / Bush.

TV Shows on Roku Tubi:

Cadfael (1994–1996) Crime, Drama, History - started watching (again)

Midsomer Murders (1997– ) Crime, Drama, Mystery - started watching (again)

(Roku - Roku channel - a few commercials) movies:

I Am Number Four (2011) Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi - good

(Roku - Tubi TV - a few commercials) movies:

Voodoo Woman (1957) Horror, Sci-Fi - good

The Secret (2007) Drama, Romance - okay / borderline repulsive due to the offensive sexual situations between the two main characters after the accident

Dead Souls (2012) Horror - good

Careful What You Wish For (2015) Drama, Thriller - good, but mostly predictable

The Unwilling (2016) Horror, Thriller - good

Paradox (2016) Action, Drama, Sci-Fi - okay / good

The Capture (2017) Sci-Fi, Thriller - okay / good

Wraith (2017) Horror, Mystery, Thriller - pretty good, unique story

Alien Code (2018) (The Men - original title) Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller - okay. monolithic, with few characters, and most of the time spent with only one character. "hand waving" to explain things, which made no sense.

22 comments:

Mary said...

I love the crescent moon garden stake! Teddy looks quite comfortable in the lawn chair with the tea mug but it does not look like he is helping much with the weeding. The weather has been nice for getting outside.

Mae Travels said...

For a while, people were putting out teddy bears to comfort children who were missing their friends during the lockdown, but that only lasted a short time. Your bear seems to have other plans.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Love Teddy's pretty cup. Hope you manage to control those flower beds! Happy T day, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

I love your ground cover with the little yellow flowers-hope someone knows what it is-I really love it and different too.
I am really bad with the weeds-never enjoyed it haha. will look forward to more of your garden photos Happy T wishes Kathy

Tom said...

...good to see you Teddy!

CJ Kennedy said...

The yellow ground cover is very pretty, and makes a nice backdrop for Teddy. I have no idea what it's called. I love that crescent moon garden stake and great job with the weeding. Your garden will look spectacular. Happy T Day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy has done a good job of keeping his chair warm for when you need to take a break. I love the ground cover, but have no idea what it is. Those little yellow flowers are stunning. I wonder if they will last. I have some ground cover that has little purple flowers that bloom in spring, but die out as the days get hotter.

Your celestial garden stake is beautiful. I think it's charming. I look forward to seeing more, too. Sounds like the lockdown was good for your garden, and rather taxing on your muscles.

I've only seen Midsomer Murders, but nothing more. I haven't even had time to watch it, since I've been busy elsewhere this week.

Thanks for sharing your week in review, your lovely photos and of course, dear Teddy and his tea mug for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

Divers and Sundry said...

Your flower beds sound like an enjoyable project :) Could your ground cover be a wild strawberry? We get them here in zone 7, too, and yours remind me of that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentilla_indica

Thanks always for the movie tips! Happy T Tuesday

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful photos of your garden! Teddy looks like he's having fun and I'm loving your (his ...lol 😉) flowery mug too. Happy T Day wishes! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

Linda Kunsman said...

Wonderful garden flowers and greens. Gotta watch those ground covers don't get away from one though:) Happy T day!

Eileen Bergen said...

You have some lovely plantings. Good luck in making your vision of it come true. Gardening is tough work! I;m glad you have Teddy to help you so much (ahem).

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

DVArtist said...

Teddy looks very content. Your flowers are beautiful.

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos, your garden will be looking beautiful with all the work you are hoping to do this year. Teddy looked happy and that is a very pretty cup he is using today.
Happy T day wishes Anne.
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful flowers and resolutions. I hope that you are able to wrangle your beds into order. I am not a fan of weeding but I have realized if I want pretty beds I have to sweat a little for them. Can't wait to see progress pictures.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I am also trying to get my gardens in tip top shape as I have a lot of overgrown plants then need to be weeded out or trimmed down. Glad to hear it is going well and I bet you haven't jinxed yourself. I lvoe the moon garden ornament. I hope it was a super T day, and Teddy enjoyed his garden outing. I am running late as it was a busy day online with school. Happy June. Hugs-Erika

J said...

Teddy has a beautiful mug with pretty flowers on it.
I love the yellow flowers and the white bush is too and the added benefit of being perfumed too., I’m not a fan of gardening but it’s usually worth getting it all done so you can enjoy it during the summer.
Thanks for your earlier visit, I’m late getting round,
Have a lovely week
Jan x

Lisca said...

You have given yourself quite a challenge there with the flower beds, but if you break it down into doable goals, you'll have them done by the end of the month!
I love your celestial whats-it. And Teddy's mug is beautiful. I hope he doesn't drop it.
I'm afraid I don't know what the yellow flowers are. Your flowering bush/tree looks so lovely. I wish they would invent smell-internet.
Sorry for the late comment,
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Caty said...

Teddy is always amazing Anne !! So cute. I love your beautiful flowers, they grow very well.
I hoope you spent a very happy T-day ( sorry I´m late visiting)
Have a great Thursday, stay safe and
Big hugs, Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

That's a very pretty cup Teddy -love those yellow flowers! The white flowers look similar to philadelphus but much smaller - wish I could help! Apologies for the late visit, our internet, which hasn't been so good lately suddenly went right down yesterday and was only restored mid morning today(a local issue)Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post, I always enjoy seeing Teddy.
Your garden pictures look great … good luck with your task to keep the flower beds in control.

All the best Jan

Bill said...

Teddy is looking comfortable, is he supervising your work on the garden? Good luck with reviving your flower beds.

Linda said...

Teddy looks cute. Lovely flowers!