Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, June 6, 2020

"At The Beach - Cape Cod" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "At The Beach."

I went with an unconventional interpretation, which morphed into a tourist postcard for Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Their tourist industry is probably suffering due to the covid-19 restrictions. I had wanted to recommend a fantastic BBQ restaurant there, but the restaurant was sold on May 6, 2020, according to their website: Marconi Beach BBQ & Seafood Restaurant

I created this using GIMP 2.10.18.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

14 comments:

Tom said...

...oh so risque.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If only! This is lovely even if I don't live anywhere near one.

Mary said...

What a fun postcard! I have not been to the Cape in a long while. Fond memories include Nauset Light Beach, salt water taffy, and the Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary in Wellfleet.

Sabine said...

love your postcard, thanks for joining this challenge

My name is Erika. said...

I like the 1920's feel for this Cape Cod postcard. What a time that must have been. Sometimes I wish I had a time machine so I could just experience other times instead of imagining them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Deann said...

This made me chuckle I remember sunburns like that. Beautiful work love the bright colors.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love postcards and this is beautiful. It's sure going to be sad to see all of the best smaller restaurants going under in our country. Hugs!

Mandy Chilvers said...

Love this. So colourful.... i can now get on your blog Anne!! 😊😊😊

Cindy McMath said...

Beautiful Anne! i love the red dress - it just pops on your background. Great graphic appeal and I think you should get in touch with Cape Cod’s tourism bureau to offer to sell it to them!

Lori Saul said...

So stylish and beautiful- a great poster style card Anne!

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the Art Nouveau feel of your postcard. What’s old is still new

Rika said...

nice postcard, i love the birds!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm betting this is a fab place to visit but not much chance of that for a while. Hugs, Angela xXx

Mary M. said...

What a lovely card. I have never been to Cape Cod. It's a shame about the restaurant. Its unfortunately something we will hear over and over.