Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, June 8, 2020

Lantern Wind Chimes / Crescent Moon / St. Francis Garden - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took that photograph of the flower bed on the right side of my front door this past week.

This is sort of another teaser / preview. I've been clearing out the weeds / vines / etc. that took over my flower beds over the years. It's a lot of work, and I'm not done yet. But one of my new goals is to make 2020 "the year I regained control of the flower beds."

That small plant by the crescent moon garden stake is a light pink flowered Fern-leaf Bleeding Heart. They don't get as big as Old Fashioned Bleeding Hearts, but they have flowers from Spring until the Fall. I tried to transplant the one in this photo, and ended up breaking it off at the root. I replanted it here anyway, with the root, with the hope that even if the plant itself dies, maybe the root will grow a new plant. Surprisingly, every day, the plant alternates from looking wilted and dead, to looking alive, so I can't tell if it will make it as is or not.

10 comments:

Tom said...

...it's nice to have St. Francis in the garden.

kathyinozarks said...

I have always wanted a StFrancis statue-I will for one-love the windchime too I have areas that I am watching to see if they are flowers or weeds-I think I will have lots of weeds to pull late summer and fall Happy Monday kathy

Mary said...

It looks like you have done a great job clearing out the weeds! St. Francis and the lantern look right at home in the flower bed. Hopefully the bleeding heart will grow from the roots.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such. A pretty flower bed. You’re inspiring me to get out and weed some areas in my yard

Bill said...

I love the sounds of chimes. The flower bed area is looking good, Anne.
Have a nice day!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a sweet spot! I love chimes in a garden, and the St. Francis is perfect :)

My name is Erika. said...

It's great seeing your gardens Anne. You are ready to go. I hope we get to see them all planted! Hugs-ERika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As a collector of wind chimes, I really like this very unique one.

Michele said...

this is your garden? i love how this is shaping up. i also love st francis! xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Your garden is looking very nice and I like the St Francis statue.

All the best Jan