Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, June 21, 2020

"Gypsy" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week I have the honor of hosting Sunday Postcard Art, and I chose the challenge theme "Gypsy." (Note: I have always thought of a gypsy in a positive way, but I recently learned that the term is considered derogatory, so I apologize if the term offends anyone.)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.18.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

13 comments:

Tom said...

...play your tambourin.

Mary said...

What an honor to be hosting. Your postcard is so lovely! Such soft, muted colors.

Deann said...

A wonderful card and a fun challenge.

Cindy McMath said...

Beautiful card Anne! Thanks for hosting this week.

Jeanie said...

Very nice. I love the muted colors.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's too bad gypsies have such a bad reputation. There are even laws in the states that continue to repress them. Somehow I can't see anyone carrying signs that say "Gypsy lives matter," or "Romani lives matter." Your postcard is gorgeous, regardless.

CJ Kennedy said...

Yeah, that term has overtones and stereotypes to it. I think I heard or read somewhere the preferred term is Traveller. Your postcard reminds me of Maureen O’Hara in Hunchback of Notre Dame

Lowcarb team member said...

I like this …

All the best Jan

katrin said...

Wonderful vintage sample for the theme!

Divers and Sundry said...

I have a soft spot in my heart for gypsy fortune tellers :)

Iris Flavia said...

Here it is a negative word indeed.
Because they don´t stick to any rules. In Berlin a whole block of buildings was closed down due to Corona. Police and a fence is needed as the Sinti and Roma simply break the rules, sneak out without masks...
The romance of the old days is gone for sure. Since... ever I can think of it.

Lori Saul said...

Love the old world imagery-very Romani!

Mary M. said...

Wonderful piece of art.