Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And A Feast" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Teddy said with the current unseasonably hot weather we're having here, the only place to enjoy a meal (and drinks) like the one he's showing is in an air conditioned setting, which we don't have. On May 17, 2020, Connecticut started Phase 2 of its covid-19 re-open plan, which allows 50% capacity indoor dining at restaurants, but face masks are required except while one is eating. While we understand the reason for the masks, we dine out for enjoyment, and wearing a mask that covers one's nose and mouth is not our idea of fun, so we will continue not partaking of restaurant fare, despite missing the food from our favorite places.

I'm relieved to report that my cat's recovery from major surgery that he had on Thursday, June 11, 2020 continues to go well, and he's now in the category of the 95% of cats who recover completely. Most / all of his stitches / sutures came out yesterday (Day 11, Monday, June 22, 2020), and I removed his cone (Elizabethan Collar) too. Internally physically, he still has more healing to do, before he can resume high jumping without feeling any pain, so I still have him on restricted activity.

© All Rights Reserved

I will try to visit everyone this week, but because of my cat's ongoing recovery, my blog activity will continue to be limited for awhile. And I want to say a deeply appreciative thank you to everyone who has left supportive comments and/or sent emails.

Saint Francis of Assisis Prayers for Pets

21 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, looks yummy!
All the best for your cat, it´s the finish line, right?

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy, honey, it's not unseasonably hot. It's Summer. Unseasonable weather would be snow which will happen soon than you think. Cheer up, I heard the humidity will break by the end of the week. You are correct to eat that kind of a meal, you need to be in air conditioning. Massachusetts has also entered phase 2 of the re-open plan. Last week, restaurants could open outside dining space and this week, they could open inside. Though we have done takeout, I think we'll wait awhile before dining inside a restaurant. So glad your cat is doing so well. The expression on his face in the picture you posted looks like he's planning what to do when he gets out of that collar. Happy T Day. Take care and stay cool.

Tom said...

...is it Thanksgiving time already?

Valerie-Jael said...

That's good news that your cat is doing so well, must be a great relief for you. Teddy is looking fine, as always. Happy T day and have a good week! Valerie

Mary said...

It looks like Teddy has found a nice feast! Maybe take out food on a picnic blanket in the shade at the park or in the yard would work. Glad to hear kitty is doing well!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a huge feast- too much food for this heat I think. Maybe just a glass of ice tea, or coffee if you prefer. And we started our dining in here in NH too. at 50% in my country but in some counties back to 100% as long as tables are 6 feet apart. I don't think I am ready to be inside a restaurant and eat yet. But outside is ok. Maybe it isn't but I will take that over inside. ANyhow, hope you are having a good T day and stay cool! Hugs-Erika

Eileen Bergen said...

I agree about wearing masks when you go out for fun, Anne. It just take the fun out of it.

I'm glad your cat is recovering well. That was uite a scare for you.

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

Meggymay said...

I'm pleased to read that your cat is recovering well, its hard watching over a recovering pet as they seem to want to do all the things they shouldn't and we are unable to explain to them ....why the cannot.
Happy T day wishes, Teddy looks as handsome as usual.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

I'm with you on not going to the restaurants yet- not that we did very often to begin with...
Good job holding the fort Teddy;)
So good to hear your cat is continuing to heal and do well. Take care, and happy T day!

R's Rue said...

Hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

Congrats on Cat's good recovery! I'm sure you'll be doubly relieved when the recovery is complete.

I'm not going to an eat-in restaurant for the foreseeable future. I don't mind the mask, but they're not strictly required here (they're looking at legal issues on that *sigh*), and I just don't want the exposure.

Happy T Tuesday!

Karen said...

I'm glad your kitty is doing ok! Enjoy your week ~

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for visiting so late. My internet went out last night and didn't come back on until a few minutes ago. It often happens when it rains, but it's been so dry here, I didn't realize it would be a problem this time.

Teddy looks great with the feast. It looks like a wonderful Chinese buffet style family meal, too. I had Chinese friends as a child who put everything in the center of the table and grabbed food with their chop sticks from the communal dishes. Teddy is serving up not only a feast, but a unique looking drink, too.

So glad to read your cat is on the mend. That is wonderful news and Bleubeard is thrilled, too. Thanks for sharing Teddy's feast and drink, and your cat's continued recover with us for T this Tuesday.

Let's Art Journal said...

Tell Teddy that I would love to try the red cocktail drink that he's showing us 😁. I'm so pleased that you cat is recovering well after the surgery too! Take care and wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Give your kitty a hug from me and tell Teddy I am happy he enjoyed seeing the mama bear and her cubs. hugs
Happy T Kathy

DVArtist said...

Looks good. So glad to hear about your cat.

Kate Yetter said...

I am glad your cat is recovering from surgery.

I know what you mean about wearing masks being un-enjoyable. When we were in NC for vacation, the restaurants didn't require any patrons to wear masks at any time. It was such a relief. I guess it depends on the business and the state. Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy eating out soon.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Lisca said...

Teddy certainly has taste. A lovely oriental meal. I would love to eat that. But not with masks etc. I agree with you that we go out for enjoyment and the company of friends. We'll just have to be patient. The few occasions we have been out, it has been in the evening, when it was not too hot to sit outside.
I'm so glad to hear your cat is recovering well.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Caty said...


I am very sorry to read that your cat had a surgery Anne, but I am very glad that he is well, he will be able to jump without pain very soon, you will see. Everything will continue well. Really, our pets are one more of our family, and we love them very much. My dog ​​turned 14 on May 30th, and he is doing great right now.
I really like the photo of Teddy with the magazine. I hope you spent a nice T-day.
Very happy Thursday, and big hugs,
Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

That spread does look inviting but, like you , I am not ready to eat out just yet! The news programmes are full of restaurant owners telling how their particular restaurants are putting measures in place ready for opening next week. I think we will wait at least until the teething problems are over, as some of them seem to have really crackpot ideas! So pleased your cat(does he have a name?) is on the mend - I hope you can curb his activities while he needs to heal! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm sure he must have wondered why on earth I have to wear this, how am I to lick and chew at the wound and stitches! I think Teddy has the right idea looking at the food in a magazine for now. We have no wish to go to a restaurant to eat. This is a social thing which is impossible especially as they wont want you to stay too long either. So we'll be eating at home for now. However I do now have a hair appointment next Saturday which should be interesting. Sending hugs, Angela xXx