Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy Making Ice Coffee" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Teddy is making ice coffee for us in that photo, while drinking a cup of hot coffee. Don't be fooled by the Pure Leaf Brewed Tea label on the bottle. If you look at the neck, you'll see I wrote the word "coffee" on it with a Sharpie, to repurpose it once it was empty. Teddy filled the bottle with freshly brewed hot coffee, added cream (actually half & half) and sugar (actually Equal), then let it cool down to room temperature. Then he put it in the refrigerator, to chill it.

Later in the day, we enjoyed "ice coffee" although we didn't need to add any ice, since the coffee was cold enough simply from being stored in the refrigerator. One of the "treats" I used to enjoy and indulge in during the Summer months, when I was out and about, was an ice coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Due to covid-19, I won't be getting any type of take-out for quite some time, but then I realized I could make my own ice coffee instead, which is also actually cheaper to do, so it will save me money.

This past week, work on weeding and improving the appearance of my flower beds continued. I finished two of the three original flower beds, with the last step being to put down mulch in them. (I still have the third flower bed left to do, and it was in the worst shape of the three.) I love all things celestial, wind chimes, and Saint Francis, the patron saint of animals. The lantern wind chime in this photo is also a solar light, and I got it at the Christmas Tree Shops a few years ago. I got the crescent moon garden stakes there (I have four), too.

© All Rights Reserved

I also decided to add a new flower bed around a tree. Here is the preparation state of it:

© All Rights Reserved

Artwork and photography:

artwork: Arctic Die Cut Scene, At The Beach - Cape Cod.

photographs: a few, including Waning Moon

TV Shows on Roku Tubi:

Cadfael (1994–1996) Crime, Drama, History - started watching (again)

Midsomer Murders (1997– ) Crime, Drama, Mystery - started watching (again)

(Roku - Tubi TV - a few commercials) movies:

Tormented (1960) Horror, Thriller - pretty good

The Gorgon (1964) Horror - pretty good

Acceptable Risk (2001) Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller - good

The Final Cut (2004) Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller - good

Troubled Waters (2006) Thriller - good

First Born (2007) Drama, Horror, Mystery - disturbing movie and ending

A Haunting in Salem (2011) Horror, Mystery, Thriller - bad. Don't waste your time on this. Unintentionally funny. Continuity problems.

Inferno (2016) Action, Adventure, Crime - very good

The Capture (2017) Sci-Fi, Thriller - good

Watch the Sky (2017) Sci-Fi - pretty good

22 comments:

Natalia said...

So cute!

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy looks good, as always. Iced coffee is great in hot weather. I often make myself some and chill it in the fridge. Always good to repurpose glass bottles! Your tree looks great! Happy T day, Valerie

Tom said...

...a mighty BIG drink for the little guy.

Iris Flavia said...

Too cold for iced anything again, bu-huu.

Mary said...

Ice coffee... that is a great treat! And homemade probably tastes better. Sometimes I make lemon ice tea at home, but I add the hot tea to a glass full of ice, so it gets watered down. I should try refrigerating the tea instead. Great idea!

Mae Travels said...

Teddy is very thoughtful to make your coffee! I posted a lot of photos of a very similar bear who lives on the tree lawn at my neighbor's house and changes his clothes quite often. Most recently he had a red bandana. He also drinks coffee.

bear photos here: https://maefood.blogspot.com/2020/06/kathys-bear.html

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I think we are all saving money in some way, shape or form. Glad your ice coffee is as enjoyable as going to DD. Not a coffee drinker myself but I do make ice tea which I enjoy. And your garden is looking nice and weed free. Hope its a happy T day Anne. The weather here in NH is mostly cloudy so I am glad I spent yesterday out in garden myself. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

If you're ever looking for another bottle for ice tea, I'll happily empty a Pure Leaf Brewed Tea bottle for you. Your garden is looking very nice. I like the stone border you put around the tree garden. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I like my coffee hot, even in the summertime :) So many movies to check into :) Thx! Happy T Tuesday

Meggymay said...

Teddy looks handsome today and I think he will make a good coffee drink to share.
You have been busy in the garden, it will look lovely during the coming months.
Happy T day wishes Anne.
Stay safe.
YVonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

My Mom would loved ice coffee but she didn't add anything to it-just chilled the coffee and added ice cubes-I do that sometimes too with my decaf coffee.
You've been busy-the new flower bed will be pretty around the tree.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

love that pretty cup Teddy is using. happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great way to recycle a glass jar. I've made ice cubes from coffee before. Then I have ice coffee anytime I want it. I like that your ice coffee is also good on hot days like today, in fact. Teddy looks really dapper with this cup of iced coffee.

You have done a lot of work around that tree. It's pretty awesome. You have taken that gardening thing to heart this year. Thanks for sharing your films, your gardening efforts, and Teddy''s iced coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

DVArtist said...

I have a friend who drinks the tea and every time she does she is wired to the max. Hope Teddy didn't get that way. LOL Your garden is lovely.

Lisca said...

Ice coffee is lovely in hot weather. We too make ice coffee without the ice. I just shove it in the fridge. I just have to remember to make it in the morning, or on very hot days I make it at night and then it will be cold to drink first thing in the morning. (Our summers are hot hot hot)
Oh that flower bed under the tree is such a good idea. Well done. What are you going to plant?
Wishing you a happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Eileen Bergen said...

Teddy is such a talented bear, Anne. Your garden is really shaping up. I like what you did around the tree.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy seeing teddy.
I thought that was tea until you pointed out it wasn't!

I think your tree looks very good.

All the best Jan

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy looks like he's enjoying that iced coffee and it sounds just right for the sunny weather we've been having 😀. Your garden looks beautiful too! Take care and wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

Your beds look so neat and tidy! Well done! And Teddy is a dear! Thanks for stopping by!

Kate Yetter said...

I can imagine that iced coffee taste good with all the hot weather we have been having.
Your garden is looking great. I love your landscaping and the statue.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Halle said...

Ah Teddy and his tea. Love that cup. You did a really nice job with that bed around the tree! What are you planning to plant in the tree ring bed?

pearshapedcrafting said...

This week has flown by so quickly I am popping in with very belated T Day wishes! What a great idea to make your own iced coffee - definitely a good idea Teddy! Your garden is looking good! Hugs, Chrisx