Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Side Flower Gardens Mulched - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This past week, I took those photographs of the two small flower beds that are on the side of my house by my side door.

Right now, there isn't much to see growing in those gardens, so they mostly just look like mulch.

In the Spring, Daffodils grow in the flower bed closest to the side door, so right now, nothing is visible there, except for the Lilac Bush. (But if you look closely at the garden flag photo, you'll see what I think are violets growing again. I thought I had killed everything, so I need to relocate those.)

Also in the Spring, Summer Cheer Daffodils grow in the other flower bed, in the back. In the front, I had to tie up the two Old Fashioned Bleeding Heart plants and the Fern Leaf Bleeding Heart plant, to be able to get all of the vines out of there. That garden was completely taken over by Creeping Myrtle (Vinca minor). I was too ashamed to take "before" pictures because it was a disaster area.

I also put down some grass seed in front of both gardens. I'm hoping the grass will grow, but it's been very hot this past week.

At the end of May, I started my project of clearing out the weeds / vines / etc. that took over my flower beds over the years. Because of the Connecticut covid-19 Lock Down, where I wasn't going out except for essential trips, I decided to make 2020 "the year I regained control of the flower beds." I inspired myself to keep going by continuing to tell myself, "Rome wasn't built in a day." It was a lot of work, but now, five weeks later, the work is done.

3 comments:

Mary said...

This is gorgeous! I love the banner and the round tile - nice additions!

Tom said...

...mulch is the finishing touch.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

To work in your garden at your own pace is the best plan of all.