Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2020

"Pastel Steampunk and Pastel Steampunk Fragment 2" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Pastel Steampunk."

I think I like the washed out "fragment" better, but I don't think either piece actually looks like steampunk. I finally had to enforce my "paint brush down" time limit rule. I have two additional, very similar postcards, here.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.18.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I still don't get it.

magiceye said...

Elegantly beautiful.

CJ Kennedy said...

I think the washed out one would make a great computer wallpaper

R's Rue said...

❤️

Mary said...

Ooh, I love these steampunk postcards! The layering and texture effects are very exciting. These are awesome!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love all of these but I think you're right they don't feel like Steampunk for me the images need more Victoriana and industrial pieces like the Angels wings could be Steam powered however these are beautiful pieces of Art work with a Renaissance feel to them. Stay safe and have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

I remember one episode of "Castle", in was on Steampunk, an interesting subject!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have no idea what steampunk should look like, but what you have created looks very attractive to my eye, steampunk or not. I don't even care for the name Steampunk!

Natalia said...

Looks really pretty!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I felt like this was a steampunk that had been washed out. I realize it followed the theme, but pastel is NOT my idea of steampunk. Steampunk needs rust, copper, and metal. Still, you did a good job finding the gears and such.

BTW, I meant to get here sooner. You asked on Thursday if I could do something about the tree that was cut down. Sadly, it wasn't on my property, but belonged to the guy who put up the fence recently. When I first moved in, the neighbor who has now died, told me there was one house that sat back far from the street and the trees were on either side in front. Eventually, it was sold and demolished and the parcel sold as two parcels. Each parcel got one of the trees. Mine is still alive, and we know what happened to its twin.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like this pastel Steampunk.

All the best Jan