Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, May 3, 2020

"Egyptian" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week I have the honor of hosting Sunday Postcard Art, and I chose the challenge theme "Egyptian."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.14.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

10 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the hyroglyphics.

CJ Kennedy said...

And on the back: Wish you were here. We traveled to Giza and saw the pyramids. I dipped my toes in the Nile. XO

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Great theme you chose, Anne. I love the hieroglyphics in the background and the soldier in the chariot. That horse is truly majestic, too. A most impressive entry, dear.

abby j said...

Wow Anne...this is so iconic and exceptionally beautiful!

indybev said...


A beautiful card. I'm in love with that sassy horse!

Cindy McMath said...

Fantastic card to inspire us Anne! Thanks so much for hosting this week. I enjoyed the theme.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I really like this! It could be a painting on a tomb wall. Hope you enjoyed the gorgeous weather this weekend. Hugs-Erika

Deann said...

Excellent card and a fun challenge...thanks.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Anything to do with Egypt is good for me, wish I could visit it again. Angela xXx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Majestically lovely! I really adore that ancient Egypt is a culture that continues to live on in various (sometimes mysterious) ways to this day (not the least of which was during the immense vogue for all things Egyptian themed in the early 20th century, following the discovery of King Tut's tomb in 1922).

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life