Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Red Teapot" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Teddy said I should show everyone the new red teapot / tea kettle I purchased online a few weeks ago, and he volunteered to pose with it. I also changed my vinyl kitchen tablecloth to my "Summer" nautical theme one.

Incredible animal video on the weather channel: Bobcat's Perfect Long Leap Surprises Onlookers

The weather has become seasonably warmer. Most of the trees are in full leaf now, but everything growing also means I needed to start mowing my lawn. I also did a little yard clean up of some overgrown areas, planted a few flower bulbs, etc.

Artwork and photography:

artwork: Faux Postage Stamps - Birds, Red Christmas Cardinal, Merry Christmas Cardinal Stamp.

photographs: Once again, I took a lot of bird photographs through my house window, as well as a few flower photographs, and posted them to my blog. Here are a few of them:

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

TV Shows on Roku Tubi:

Cadfael (1994–1996) Crime, Drama, History - started watching (again)

Midsomer Murders (1997– ) Crime, Drama, Mystery - started watching (again)

The Dead Zone (2002–2007) Drama, Fantasy, Mystery - started watching

Mary Higgins Clark Collection   Thriller, Mystery, Drama - started watching

(Roku - Tubi TV - a few commercials) movies:

First Man Into Space (1959) Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi - good

Invasion of the Triffids (1963) (The Day of the Triffids - original title) Horror, Sci-Fi - good

The Power (1968) Thriller, Sci-Fi - Mediocre. How to make a 1 hr 48 min movie? Have unnecessary scenes and unnecessarily long scenes.

The Stuff (1985) Comedy, Horror, Sci-Fi - good (not a great movie, but you don't watch a movie like this for a great plot)

The Lazarus Project (2008) Drama, Mystery, Thriller - pretty good

Triangle (2009) Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller - Awful. Most of the dialog: "Hello?" "Is anyone out there?" How to make a 1 hr 39 min movie? Repeat the same scenes multiple times. Don't waste your time on this. I shut it off, after giving up on fast forwarding to try to get beyond the repeating infinite loop scenes. And none of it would've happened if they went to the bridge, like they said they were going to do when they first boarded the ship, but then we would've been spared this stupid movie! One user review said it was a complete plagiarism of Timecrimes (2007) (Los cronocrímenes - original title, Spanish film).

Triangle movie explained, with spoilers: https://www.thisisbarry.com/film/triangle-2009-movie-plot-ending-explained/  (Note: the premise on which the movie was based is a good idea, but this movie failed to do it well.)

Sorority Row (2009) Horror, Mystery - pretty good

In the Electric Mist (2009) Crime, Drama, Mystery - pretty good

Passion (2012) Drama, Mystery, Thriller - sort of good, but too many "dream" sequences, some things were implausible, and the ending was awful.

Dark Space (2013) Sci-Fi - okay, other than the stupid dialog: "Hello?" "Is anyone out there?"

Black Butterfly (2017) Crime, Mystery, Thriller - pretty good, a little predictable, and some violence

The Axiom (2018) Horror - pretty good (sort of - many plot contrivances, etc.), different (sort of)

(Roku - Crackle - a lot of commercials, but skip option) movies:

Forever Mine (1999) Crime, Drama, Romance - good, but if I'd known it was mainly Romance, I wouldn't have watched it.

Drone (2017) Thriller - pretty good, tense

21 comments:

Tom said...

...red is the color!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Is that a teapot? Looks like a kettle to me.

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute red teapot and and I like how Teddy's red label coordinates with it. You got some great photos through the window. The cardinal would make an awesome Christmas card. Take care and Happy T Day

Mary said...

Tell Teddy I love the red teapot... it is adorable! My favorite tea is Bigelow I Love Lemon tea and I also like Celestial Seasons Lemon Zinger tea. The trees are leafing out here too and it is finally getting warm.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, loving your new tea pot, I usually put out a nice vinyl tablecloth too-but Larry now wants to enjoy seeing our pretty wood table so I have been using placemats now.
Pretty photos and looks like you've seen lots of shows this week
stay well and safe Happy T wishes Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I hope Teddy is going to make us all a cup of tea if we stop by to see those birds. Smile. I saw that jumping bobcat video and it is really amazing. And finally my orioles are back-hurrah! Hummingbirds too! Isn't it exciting to be getting back into some nice weather? I started watching Ozark on Netflix this past weekend. It is good but talk about people in over their heads. Have a super T day Anne. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos again. Teddy's tea kettle matches my espresso-maker, I love that happy red. Happy T Day, take care, Valerie
And yes, in 100 years, none of this will matter!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Love the red kettle, and the bird photo's ... Happy T-day

Meggymay said...

Its a great colour for your new kettle and Teddy looks happy showing it off to us all. Please tell Teddy my electric kettle is red as well.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

You picked the perfect tea kettle. Mother used to have a red one :)

I'll hafta check out all the videos. My to-be-watched list gets longer faster than I can watch them, but I'm always appreciative of new additions :) Happy T Tuesday!

Linda Kunsman said...

Love that red teapot-a great happy burst of color! Your photos are great-love bird watching. Happy T day!

Iris Flavia said...

Love the kettle/teapot and Teddy posing :-)
Happy T-day and yay to better weather!

Let's Art Journal said...

That red kettle looks fabulous, I can see why Teddy wanted his photo taken with it 😀. I'm loving the photos taken from your window, such gorgeous flowers and birds - amazing! Thanks for the file reviews too 😊. Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Always fun to see what Teddy has been up to. That's definitely a Teddy sized tea pot. Loved the color, too.

I'm also watching (when I can sit for an hour or so at the computer) Midsomer Murders now that you shared the link. Thanks for sharing the bird photos again, the movies you watched and Teddy sharing the new red teapot with us for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You may not be as big a Midsomer Murders fan as I, but here are a few places you might be interested in. This tells the date and the order of the shows on ITV. If you right click on the episode it shows scenes from the show, a synopsis of the show, and photos of each of the locations used in that episode:

http://midsomermurders.org/mainepisodeguide.htm

You might like to see the complete guide here:

http://midsomermurders.org/

Apparently it goes through 2019.

I really enjoyed reading the body count. Click on the Episode number and you get little scenes:

http://midsomermurders.org/bodycount2.htm

Like I said. I'm a HUGE fan. Enjoy!!!! I am thanks to YOUR link.

Kate Yetter said...

That is quite a bold red for a kettle but it looks great next to teddy. I love my kettle and use it everyday and I love that it keeps my tea hot for several hours.
Lovely photos of the birds. And there are those lovely bleeding hearts!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Eileen Bergen said...

Aww, Teddy looks very cute posed next to the red teapot, Anne. You have quite a variety of birds coming to your feeder. How nice.

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

Mae Travels said...

Teddy bears are one of the icons of the pandemic in our neighborhood. One bear has different toys or other props every day, and he did drink some tea once. I hope your bear enjoys cheering people on.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

A lovely red kettle. We call this a kettle as you only boil the water in it and don't make the tea in it. (The tea gets made in the tea pot, lol)
I was well impressed with the bobcat footage. Amazing.
The flowers are gorgeous. I think we call those Ladies Handkerchiefs.
The Day Of the Triffids - Yes, I remember seeing that one at the time. It was pretty scary. For days after i was still checking the garden every night....
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Caty said...

Teddy is awesome with the so beautiful red teapot you have bought Anne! I also like very much your summer tablecloth. I hope you spent a lovely T-day. (sorry I´m late)
Your postcards are stunning, fabulous red cardinal and faux stamps. Your photographs always amaze me, so beautiful birds and flowers, thanks so much for sharing.
Ohh and I won´t see Triange !
I wish you a very nice afternoon, stay safe and well, and
Big hugs, Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous kettle. I love your summer cloth. The birds are so colourful - I'd love to see them up close!
Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx