Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, May 1, 2020

"Beltane Sunrise / Beltane Sunrise Knight" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

Today is Beltane.

This is a very loose interpretation of Beltane. I like the first piece better than the second one that has the knight in it, but I'm posting both.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.18.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

Sunrise (Is it in your mind at all?) - Simply Red

Maybe the next time I'll be yours and maybe you'll be mine

I don't know if it's even in your mind at all
It could be me
At this moment in time
Is it in your mind at all
It should be me, it could be me
Forever

7 comments:

Tom said...

...well I just learned the word Beltane, Happy May Day to you.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Beltane! I miss my maypole, but I'm still happy in the day :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Though I like both images, I think the first one is the better interpretation of Beltane. Maids were supposed wash in the morning dew. I hope you got to see the sunshine this afternoon. Take care.

My name is Erika. said...

The second one is my favorite. The knight really completes the story of the woman. Beautiful Anne.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Really unusual. I like it with the knight. It adds something to the composition.

Michele said...

these are lovely! xo

Witchcrafted Life said...

Truly lovely pieces, Anne. I like them both equally, but find myself drawn to the second one a bit more, likely because the presence of both a male and female figure drives home a sense of both the god + goddess and fertility/passion aspects of this ancient springtime celebration.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life