Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, September 6, 2019

Very Small Shore Birds - Possible Least Sandpiper - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This is 1 of 2 posts of photographs that I took at Southport Beach in Fairfield, CT today.

These birds were so small that I almost didn't see them running around in the shallow water. I think they might be a Least Sandpiper, but they looked smaller than a Black-capped Chickadee.

The first photo is my entry for the following:

Wild Bird Wednesday
I'd Rather Be Birding
Camera Critters
Saturday's Critters

16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's amazing how photos can show images out of context and not to scale. These birds look large in your photos. Nicely photographed.

Natalia said...

They are so cute, great captures! ☺

Shiju Sugunan said...

Great shots of a cute little bird. Well done!

CJ Kennedy said...

I would't have guessed from you photo that the birds were so tiny. Cute.

Ranten said...

I love these seabirds who visit us in the spring and autumn, on the fligth between the south and the north!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful photos! Happy weekend!

Bill said...

Excellent captures of this pretty little bird.

NatureFootstep said...

Even if the yare small you got some great shots of them. I like this kind of birds :)

Hootin Anni said...

Terrific photos. I love watching the shorebird scamper around on the beach with the surf/tide.

Thank you for linking up with us this weekend, at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

Phil Slade said...

I think you are correct with Least Sandpiper Anne. Nice work.

eileeninmd said...

Great shots of the Sandpiper! They are beautiful! I just got back from my trip and I am catching up with comments. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and a great new week! PS, I appreciate your visits and comments.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think they are Semipalmated Sandpipers.

My name is Erika. said...

I love sandpipers. They are so cute. But I am not familiar with different kinds at all. These are great photos.

Stewart M said...

A very busy looking little bird - I struggle with wader ID here - so, this one is beyond me!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

betty-NZ said...

These are beautiful shore birds, no matter their name!


My Corner of the World

Helma said...

Wonderful to see these beautiful little waders along the coast. Nicely photographed :-)
regards