Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy In Tree" - Photograph

    © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are more photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Ash Creek Open Space a few weeks ago. We went there shortly after a Summer thunderstorm had gone through, toppling some of the trees along the water. Both this tree and the one shown last week were fallen trees.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so Teddy graciously offered to pose with magazine images of drinks. I now have enough drink related photos to use as tickets for 15 weeks. Teddy said to tell Elizabeth and Bleubeard that in about two months, an image that he thinks they will both love will appear in my T post. Teddy wanted to start with drink images with a Massachusetts reference, which he thought CJ might like. Teddy said if you look closely above the "C" in Cornucopia, you'll see a cocktail.

  © All Rights Reserved

The weather was nice this past week, but definitely feels like Fall. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons. On Wednesday (9/4/2019), some severe thunderstorms went through the area, and an EF-1 tornado touched down in Coventry and Mansfield, Connecticut around 5:40pm. Fortunately the damage was mostly to trees and not people and buildings.

I think I had mentioned to Elizabeth that an EF-1 tornado touched down in Bridgeport, CT back in June 2010, and I think it crossed I95, besides damaging buildings. I think two lines of thunderstorms passed through CT on Wednesday. The first one was more severe where I live. And it turns out my cat is an early weather warning alert system:  around 4pm, my cat became agitated, and around 4:20pm, the thunderstorm was overhead. A few weeks ago, the same thing had happened, and a very bad thunderstorm passed overhead that time, too. (This one didn't have as many close lightning strikes as that one did, though, thankfully.)

I'm in the process of going through my UFO (UnFinished Objects & Projects) pile to complete them or throw them into the scrap heap.

I made some postcards: Dragonfly Swirl, Mermaid 2, Girl Jumping Rope, and Hands.

I made an ATC: Rhinoceros Playing Card.

I took some photos: Great Egret Scratching, Snowy Egret Scratching, Colorful Boats Stormy Sky, Jetty Stormy Sky, Jetty Stormy Gray Sky, Very Small Shore Birds, Clouds and Sunrays, Herons and Egret, Statue Boy Fishing, and Harbor Boats.

Over the weekend, we watched The Ghost (1963) (DVD), Dementia 13 (1963) (DVD), Dominique is Dead (1978) (DVD), The Illusionist (2006) (DVD), The Wicker Man (2006) (DVD), and Dream House (2011) (DVD).

Dream House took place in the fictional Fairfield County, Connecticut town "New Ashford". I always find it a little amusing/odd that while Hollywood movies set in California use real town names, they tend to use fake names for ones set in Connecticut. (There is an Ashford in Windham County, Connecticut, and a New Ashford in Massachusetts, but no New Ashford in Connecticut.)

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a week where you got a lot done. Teddy looks good posing in the tree and with the magazine. Hope you and Teddy have a happy T Day, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, Teddy, do be careful. Even though you're sitting on a fallen tree, you're still up pretty high for a little fella. Teddy's cocktail from Salem will be a big hit for the tourists next month as Halloween approaches. I've bee to Salem but never at Halloween. And was the Wicker Man you saw the one with Nicolas Cage? That was a thrilling movie and I didn't see the end coming. 😱

I was wondering if you were in that tornado warning last week that we saw on the news. Glad no one was hurt and no real property damage. The storms over my house weren't severe. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I always did like climbing trees, so I'm with Teddy in spirit today.

I'm unfamiliar with Dream House but am looking it up now. I love finding new-to-me movies, thx! Happy t Tuesday :)

Linda Kunsman said...

Glad to see Teddy continuing to enjoy the outdoors. You sure do get a lot done and a lot of movie watching in in one week too! Happy T day!

Natalia said...

What a cute idea☺

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy comes through every time. So glad he is willing to help you find a way to join us for T. And he is such a cutie, he is always a great and welcome member of the T group.

I also saw about that last tornado you had. Bleubeard is like your cat. He goes to the basement when it storms. If I don't open the door for him, he gets agitated, too. He picks the best spot, too. Somehow, silly Squiggles and I are less affected. Neither of us seems to take these storms as seriously as Bleubeard does. Or perhaps, Squiggles won't let me out of his sight when there's a storm. I can't ask him and he wouldn't tell me anyway! Just glad you are safe. DO take them seriously. I have been in so many of them in my life, they no longer frighten me. What DOES frighten me is lightening. I worry that I might be taking a shower when there's a lightening strike, in which case I would surely be killed in an instant.

You have been very busy this week and I'm so glad you and Teddy had time to join us for T this Tuesday.

My name is Erika. said...

Sounds like you had some severe weather. Hope everything survived besides those trees. But they do work well for Teddy's photos. I hope you had a super T day. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

It sounds like you have had your usual busy week Anne. Teddy is a real helpful little guy to pose for your drinks photos. Its good that you let him climb trees as well.
Have a super day.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous photos of Teddy, he sure does like his adventures 😁. I'm loving your ATC and postcards too, so pretty! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Caty said...

OOhhh love these photographs of Teddy Anne !! they are really gorgeous. Love your cards too, that one of the dragonfly is wonderful. Yes, I´ve seen the cocktail ! Happy belated T-day ! (sorry I´m late)
I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs,
Caty

Kate Yetter said...

I am a bit late making it around this week but Happy Belated Tea Day.
Kate

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

You got a lot completed this week, Anne. The Illusionist is one of our favorites.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Lisca said...

Yes, you've had some bad weather. I think it has blown our way now. The weather is atrocious, and very cold for the time of the year. We would normally wear t-shirts and sandals, but I am wearing a track suit and trainers. Brrrr. Fortunately we are very happy with the rain. It hadn't rained in nearly 6 months!
I always feel sad when I see a mature tree fallen on the ground. But Teddy seems to be enjoying sitting 'high and dry'.
Sorry I'm late in commenting. We are having problems with the power lines in the strong winds. The power goes off every few minutes for a short while and then it takes my computer a few minutes to boot up again. Nightmare!
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca