Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy Sitting On Wood Platform" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Lonetown Marsh Sanctuary a few weeks ago.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image showing drinks. Teddy said if you look closely above the "a" in Creative, you'll see a cocktail. This page highlighted Gloucester, MA as a fun destination.

© All Rights Reserved 

The weather was nice this past week. September is a pleasant time of year in the NYC, NJ, CT tri-state area.

I'm in the process of going through my UFO (UnFinished Objects & Projects) pile to complete them or throw them into the scrap heap.

I made some postcards: Blue Wizard, Rhinoceros, and Rhinoceros Evolution.

I made a Pear tag and matching postcard.

I made another decoupage wood box: Arcana Pentacle Raven.

I saw and reported a Canada Goose that is tagged as part of a bird migration tracking program. I didn't realize it at the time, but the bird had a US Federal leg band on, in addition to the more noticeable neck collar band.

I took some photos of the first indications of Fall: First Signs of Fall, Dragonfly, and Leaf on Water / Impressionist Painting. I also took a photo of the Full Moon.

This past week was the 18th anniversary of the 9/11/2001 terrorist attack. I went to the Connecticut 9/11 memorial location to spend some time in solitude there. I live in close proximity to Manhattan, where the World Trade Center Twin Towers used to be. As long as I am cognizant, I will never forget that day.

A few lesser known facts about 9/11/2001

Over the weekend, we watched North By Northwest (1959) (DVD), Skyline (2010) (DVD), Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) (DVD), It (1990) (DVD), Wicked Little Things (2006) (DVD), and Bay Coven (1987) (DVD).

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that he doesn't fall over backwards!

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy is sitting dangerously, you should harness him! Glad you both had a good outing. Happy T Day, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy looks so cute sitting on the bench and holding the magazine. Gloucester, MA has been on my mind, too. I'm hoping to get up there to go visit the grave of a very dear friend of mine. He passed away 29 years ago. Much too young. Tell Teddy, Derry loved Teddy bears. He still had his beloved Teddy from when he was a little boy. Happy T Day

Meggymay said...

I hope Teddy didn't make himself a cocktail or he might have fallen from the bench. It is a wonderful photo Anne and I do enjoy reading your posts.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks like a good look-out point. I imagine watching that view through the seasons would be interesting.

I have somehow never seen "It". There are a number of the old horror films everybody but me has seen.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks quite happy sitting on that platform. He sure looks happy in that wooded area. Of course, we always love it when he shares a drink related post with us, too. He's such an integral member of our T Tuesday group and we love having him join us each Tuesday for T.

You have been busy with all those postcards and tags. I especially liked that you shared the Canadian Goose banding because when I first read about it, I thought it was illegal. Instead, I gather that you report it so they can see where the goose has been. For some reason, I would think the neck band would hurt the bird as it grew.

I really loved the 9/11 posts you shared and hope you'll go back when it's not such a special occasion.

Thanks for sharing your week and Teddy with us for T this Tuesday.

Kate Yetter said...

Our weather was beautiful as well this weekend. I love the fall.
Sounds like you have been busy.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

Too funny! Teddy holding the page of photos for your ticket to the tea party!
North by Northwest is one of my favorites. I watched Castaway with Tom Hanks Sunday night, with no adds. It was still quite long, but so good. It was only the second time I ever saw it, and I had forgotten a lot of it. Hubby wouldn't watch it with me; he went to bed! I have been to the 9/11 memorial in NYC; very poignant. Our son lived in NYC when it happened, and saw the second plane hit from where he was. He called right away to tell us he was okay. But it was a long day for him and his wife getting home, everyone on foot. Yes, I will never forget. And praise God, our son had just months previously moved his office somewhere else. His office had been in one of the towers, just two months before! Goodness, I am all worked up again!
Happy T Day!

Halle said...

Yikes! Hope he didn't take a tumble into the woods.
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day Anne. It sounds like a good week. Teddy's expression as he holds up the magazine makes me smile. He is quite a cute and I swear he looks different there than on the railing. I see the warmth is coming back. Guess we'll be having a little more summer right around the start of fall. hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

I hope Teddy hasn't actually drank the cocktail or he would be falling off the bench backwards!
I love your postcards, especially the rhino ones.
I also will never forget the 9/11 attack, although I have never been to NY, it still affected us all here.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I wonder how the geese feel about having all that "jewelry" put on them. Good for you on the two-fer!

9/11 - I went to night school at NYU Stern and traveled the Path from NJ to NY and back several nights a week for 2 years. Then I got a job that took me to Wall Street several times a month. The terrorist attack is seared into my memory too.

To end on a happier note, I love your pentacle raven wood box. No matter what didn't work, the result is lovely.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

My goodness! You really have been busy! You and Teddy found a very peaceful looking spot! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Caty said...

Wonderful photographs from Teddy Anne !! Love to see him, he´s so cute. Hope you had a nice T-day. Love your tag, and your cards, they are great !
I wish you a very happy afternoon,
Big hugs, Caty