Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2019

"Rhinoceros Evolution" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Evolution."

I went to the beat of my own drummer on this one. I have always loved rhinoceros. Despite their prehistoric resemblance, I think they are handsome animals. Their only predator is mankind, who will most likely cause their extinction. The words on this postcard are my own.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.12.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

12 comments:

Tom said...

...man is the biggest predator!

bockel24 said...

it´s always good to follow your own instinct, and your result is a thought-provoking card; what´s more to wish for?

Bill said...

I wouldn't want to mess with that rhino. He does look very strong and intimidating. Nice card, Anne.

Deann said...

Fabulous I love that quote this is so clever.

Lori Saul said...

This is great - a wonderful whimsical take!

My name is Erika. said...

I like this evolution postcard Anne. Your rhino image is such a handsome guy. Did you have a gorgeous day today also? And a nice cool night tonight. This is a great time of year! Hugs-Erika

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Smiling that you especially love this animal because it seems/is prehistoric. ... that is the reason I’m fascinated with alligators and love seeing them (when we’re at our winter home, in Florida). There is no need for them to change either. (Except for people, developers etc. sigh. )

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, we are the predators. The rhino horns are still highly sought after and I think these hunters should go to jail for the rest of their lives. They took a life, just like if it were a human. OK, off my soap box, but still . . . .

CJ Kennedy said...

Maybe the rhinos will evolve into the Judoon 😉

Divers and Sundry said...

It hurts to think of all the animals we've driven to extension. The Tasmanian Tiger still makes me cry :(

Cindy McMath said...

Fabulous! I love the thought behind your card - sad but true.

Words and Pictures said...

They really are extraordinary creatures, aren't they? A beautiful vintage image... and how right you are that the evolution over those millions of years may be overthrown by the actions of our own species. Very sad.
Alison x