Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Ship Slide" - Photograph

    © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during one of our trips to Ash Creek Open Space a few weeks ago.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, but our series of photos showing Teddy with magazine images showing drinks has been preempted by one showing Teddy holding a package of Strawberry Tea Cakes that he saw at the grocery store and insisted we buy. He has his new Owl mug at the ready, to fill with tea.
© All Rights Reserved 

The weather was nice for part of this past week, but then a last gasp of Summer weather came in for the weekend and Monday, the first day of Fall. It got progressively hotter each day, with Monday peaking around 86 F (30 C). A September warm up has happened every year for decades now here in CT, and is our normal weather pattern.

I made a 4x6 and 6x4 version of an Autumn Umbrella Girl. I also made an "Autumn Jester" and Vintage Kitchen postcard.

September 20 was Storm Area 51 Day! but nothing much happened. The US Government and Air Force had a several day Nevada Area 51 No Fly Zone for Storm Area 51 surrounding the date, and "threatened" to kill millennials using a stealth bomber. Apparently no one has a sense of humor anymore, so the jokes made by both sides (the ones planning to "raid" Area 51 and the ones planning to "defend" it) got both sides in trouble with the grouches who now dictate jokes and laughter are not allowed.

I got a new bird feeder and shepherd's hook post.

There was a scary looking Black And Yellow Garden Spider In Web in my yard.

I saw an interesting Pagan Rock Cairn Wood, and a lovely Bee Mural.

Over the weekend, we watched the following:

miscellaneous: Live And Let Die (1973) (DVD) (excellent) and Rage (2014) (DVD) (very good).

horror: Pay The Ghost (2015) (DVD) (excellent), Death Of A Ghost Hunter (2007) (DVD) (good), Nightmare Castle (1965) (DVD) (good), and Zombie Hell House (The House by the Cemetery (1981)) (DVD) (okay).

sci-fi: The Arrival (1996) (DVD) (excellent), Cloverfield (2008) (DVD) (good), and Stranded (2013) (DVD) (okay).

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Teddy is still having adventures I see-Loving the owl mug
Happy T hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Poor teddy looks a bit scared up there all by himself, glad you got him down safely again. Sounds like there was a lot going on in your week! I don't like the sound of that spider, though! Happy T Day, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

The owl mug is adorable, and the tea cakes prove once again that Teddy has excellent taste :)

I followed coverage of the Area 51 event with some amusement, and I agree it seems all the fun has been sucked out of the world. Sheesh. What's the internet for if not for fun stuff like that? :(

I'll be checking out your movies for ones I haven't seen yet. Always appreciated, thx :) I loved The Arrival!

Happy T Tuesday

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

In WI and NJ, we called the September warm spell "Indian Summer" because of the combination of summer temperatures and the beautiful autumn foliage. It was the normal weather pattern for as long as I can remember.

Yes, what's happening to America's sense of humor? Why is everyone offended by just about everything? And why do today's Hollywood movies have more four-letter words than dialogue? Thanks for letting me vent, Anne.😉

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

The ship slide looks amazing, I bet Teddy had fun! I'd love to try a strawberry cake with my cuppa today and your owl mug is fabulous 😁. Looks like you had a good week too. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Kate Yetter said...

Those strawberry tea cakes sound delicious. The perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea in your owl mug. I hope your fall weather comes back around. We have had the same kind of weather as well.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

CJ Kennedy said...

Did Teddy go down the slide? That playground looks like a lot of fun. How did Teddy enjoy the tea cakes? And his owl mug is very cute. First Day of Fall weather was just glorious. I hope we have a few more days like that. Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks very happy on that slide. I bet he was ready to sail down it, too (grin)!

His tea cakes and owl mug are a fan favorite this week. He is gathering quite a following in the T Tuesday community.

Sorry to read about the Area 51 debacle. it even made the national news in my area.

Thanks for sharing Teddy and his drink entry with us for T this Tuesday, Anne.

Tom said...

...that's a BIG slide for the little guy!

Meggymay said...

Teddy does enjoy his outings, hes a real adventurous bear.
I really like the owl mug, I hope he is careful and takes good care of it.
Happy T day wishes Anne
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I hope it was a great T day Anne and that your humidity finally broke. Our air was so thick yesterday. Like July. And I love Teddy's visit to a play place. That is one cool child's play ship. I love Teddy's new owl mug too. Hope the strawberry tea cakes were yummy. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, I love your Teddy, he has a friend here! A happy day to you!

Sharon Madson said...

Teddy is so cute with his peppermint tea and owl mug. Did he go down the slide?
Happy Tea Day!

Lisca said...

It's great to see Teddy having fun on the slide.
I enjoyed reading all about Area 51, which was something new to me. I had never heard of it. A bit of fun. Not to be taken too seriously, but some people do obviously...
The bee mural is cool.
And I love your Vintage Kitchen postcard.
I'm sorry I am late in commenting. We've been away camping on the coast and there was no wifi on the campsite.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca