Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Bench" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here, for which I am late, but I will explain why below.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy looking at the water during our trip to Lakeview Cemetery in New Canaan, CT a few weeks ago. Teddy and I enjoy the tranquility of water settings.

The reason I'm late posting this week is because I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, and unexpectedly found myself without one. I had planned on taking a photo of Teddy with this week's grocery store flyer, however, when Teddy found out I went to "The Great Gatsby Mansion" (as he calls it), without him, he refused to pose for me. So I had to scramble to create an art piece as my ticket:

Coca Cola


This week was mostly sunny, but there was some rain, too. The weather was nice for all three days of the Memorial Day weekend, during which time I took photographs at an old cemetery and a haunted cemetery. Last week I also visited a small park, the reservoir, and an old colonial house.

Two weeks ago we had a Great White Shark in Long Island Sound, near Greenwich, CT, and this past week we had Black Bear sightings in lower Fairfield County. They said it is most likely the same bear, roaming through several towns. Teddy was thrilled when he heard about this, and said he hopes we run into the bear while we are out.

Fortunately, unlike Grizzly Bears, Black Bears usually leave humans alone, but they're still a potentially dangerous wild animal, so if we do see one, I'll make noise and slowly back away, like they say to do during an encounter. They also say not to have a bird feeder up, but last week I got a new one, to replace my old one, which got damaged, and intend to feed the birds all Summer.

I created more artwork, including Treasure Island, Bird Hat Lady, and Sun Eye.

Over the weekend, we watched The Night Of The Hunter (1955), Shadow On The Wall (1950), Key Largo (1948) Part 1 and Part 2, Sanctum (2011) (DVD), The Birds (1963) (DVD), Psycho (1960) (DVD), Jaws (1975) (DVD), and Caddyshack (1980) (DVD).

7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Teddy must have been enjoying the gorgeous long holiday weekend weather. It was just perfect, wasn't it? And I do like your coco-cola piece. It is a fun take on your usual work. I hope it was a happy one Anne. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like an exciting week with black bears and sharks! Sorry teddy was cross with you....Happy T Day, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never been to a cemetery set on the water, although the cemetery where most of my relatives are buried has a fountain and pond.

I've seen several of the movies you mention, although strangely Jaws is one of the ones I haven't seen. I even have it on DVD but have not gotten to it yet.

Happy T Day! (I believe there's no such thing as "late" when blogging ;) )

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy looks so pensive sitting on the bench. Like Teddy, I hope for a bear encounter, too. We had one in our town a couple of years ago, but he never roamed to my side of town. I keep both my bird feeders filled. No bears. A lady in RI just had an encounter. She was leaving her gardening job when she saw one in or near the yard. She got into her car. The bear came to the car, pawed the windows, and even managed to open the door a little. She was able to pull the door shut, lock the car, and then called police. Some people have all the luck, don't they, Teddy? Happy T Day PS the King of Soda is Pepsi. =^,.^=

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You teddy certainly gets around, what a lucky bear he is. Great photographs too. Not sure that teddy would be really happy if he meant a real bear though.
Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Lovely to see Teddy enjoying the peace and quiet of the cemetery.
And of course he would be disappointed not to have met up with his big cousin 'Black Bear'. But I'm sure you were not that keen in the first place. There is certainly plenty of wildlife around where you are.
I also read the linked article about the Great White shark. Interesting.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Caty said...

I looove Teddy on the bench !! Wonderful photographs Anne !! thanks so much for sharing them with us. Your artcreation is gorgeous!! Happy belated T-day ( sorry I´m late visiting ).
I wish you a very nice Friday,
Big hugs, Caty